Diesel can fit

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
How do you like your Vevor 58 gallon fuel tank, accessories, handle, hoses etc?

Do you know if you can get pallet forks under it in both the short and long directions?

I had one of the JDI units in my Amazon wish list, but it’s pretty spendy (over a grand) and I see the Vevor is around $600.

I will say the low profile JDI 58 gallon tank looks pretty sexy, but it’s not real space efficient if head room isn't a primary concern.
I can only get pallet Forks under it in the orientation that I have it in right now. The accessories such as the hose, the fittings in the filling nozzle are all top notch. I was actually kind of surprised at the Quality of those materials. I expected a little lesser quality but I was not disappointed at all in what I got. The experience of using this to fill anything from 5 gallon cans to refueling the tractor or the truck or even my transfer tank is exceptional. I would buy this tank again in a heartbeat.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
I can only get pallet Forks under it in the orientation that I have it in right now. The accessories such as the hose, the fittings in the filling nozzle are all top notch. I was actually kind of surprised at the Quality of those materials. I expected a little lesser quality but I was not disappointed at all in what I got. The experience of using this to fill anything from 5 gallon cans to refueling the tractor or the truck or even my transfer tank is exceptional. I would buy this tank again in a heartbeat.
Thanks! That’s encouraging news.

As to the pallet forks fitting, is it your specific installation orientation limiting how the pallet forks can be used? Or is the fuel tank itself not able to accept pallet forks in the groves under the tank if the long axis of the tank is perpendicular to the pallet forks?

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Thanks! That’s encouraging news.

As to the pallet forks fitting, is it your specific installation orientation limiting how the pallet forks can be used? Or is the fuel tank itself not able to accept pallet forks in the groves under the tank if the long axis of the tank is perpendicular to the pallet forks?
The pallet Forks can only go in one orientation. Pallet forks will not work coming from the side of the tank.

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
Easiest 5-gallon jug for a tractor I’ve ever used:

Puts the whole can in the tractor in less than a minute, and you just hold your hand on it for balance. If the tractor is full before the can is empty, it stops flowing.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I had one of the JDI units in my Amazon wish list, but it’s pretty spendy (over a grand) and I see the Vevor is around $600.

I will say the low profile JDI 58 gallon tank looks pretty sexy, but it’s not real space efficient if head room isn't a primary concern.
I would have most likely bought the standard 58 gallon JDI tank if it'd fit, but with the Decked system and the SnugTop I had no choice. After owning a 106 gallon JDI system for a few years it was an easy choice for me.

The JDI models are expensive but JDI specializes in professional grade service equipment for the automotive industry and sells various systems under their own name. You pay more for JDI products but the quality of the components is immediatly obvious.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Easiest 5-gallon jug for a tractor I’ve ever used:

Puts the whole can in the tractor in less than a minute, and you just hold your hand on it for balance. If the tractor is full before the can is empty, it stops flowing.
Still doesn't get around the issue of lifting the jug up, the time to fill each jug at a fuel station, the mess, the need to secure each jug in the back of a truck and on and on. I add Stanadyne to all diesel I buy and it's much easier to treat a large 58 gallon or 106 gallon tank than to deal with 5 gallon jugs.

I sure don't and won't miss carrying six 5 gallon jugs in the bed of the truck.

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
Still doesn't get around the issue of lifting the jug up, the time to fill each jug at a fuel station, the mess, the need to secure each jug in the back of a truck and on and on. I add Stanadyne to all diesel I buy and it's much easier to treat a large 58 gallon or 106 gallon tank than to deal with 5 gallon jugs.

I sure don't and won't miss carrying six 5 gallon jugs in the bed of the truck.
Can’t argue with your logic on that one! I was just posting a good 5-gallon can option for those that complain about the more commonly available 5-gallon garbage cans and the silly nozzles on them.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Can’t argue with your logic on that one! I was just posting a good 5-gallon can option for those that complain about the more commonly available 5-gallon garbage cans and the silly nozzles on them.
It does appear to be a good option. I now have six 5 gallon diesel containers that I might never use again. I'll add it to the list of other stuff that I've bought, used and found lacking.

GrizBota

Equipment
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
I would have most likely bought the standard 58 gallon JDI tank if it'd fit, but with the Decked system and the SnugTop I had no choice. After owning a 106 gallon JDI system for a few years it was an easy choice for me.

The JDI models are expensive but JDI specializes in professional grade service equipment for the automotive industry and sells various systems under their own name. You pay more for JDI products but the quality of the components is immediatly obvious.
That low profile JDI looks to be just the unit for your set up. I’m thinking in my barn, where floor space is always premium, taller is better. I might put it on one of the units of plywood I have in there which are space hogs in their own right. So of course I stack all sorts of things on them. Which makes getting to my plywood a chore…Lol, 1st world problems to be sure.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
That low profile JDI looks to be just the unit for your set up. I’m thinking in my barn, where floor space is always premium, taller is better. I might put it on one of the units of plywood I have in there which are space hogs in their own right. So of course I stack all sorts of things on them. Which makes getting to my plywood a chore…Lol, 1st world problems to be sure.
Yes, I would not buy the low profile unit for a shop or barn. The low profile set up is really intended to live beneath a tonneau cover hence the premium over the standard 58 gallon tank. There is a benefit to having the tank out of sight and out of the weather though.

I made a steel dolly for the Kubota generator that I have and am close to completing something similar for the 106 gallon JDI tank. The problem I have since selling the MX6000 open station is that I can't get a tractor into the garage to move the tank around. Now that I have the 58 gallon tank in the bed of the truck I could make two trips to the fuel station and decant into the larger tank. This is what I'll be doing, but for convenience and safety I want to be able to move the large tank around easily if the need arises. A full tank isn't far off 900lb so I need to be able to roll the tank from the front to the back (or vice versa).

gl7000_cart_12.jpg

gl7000_cart_15.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

fatjay

Equipment
Kubota B8200, B7200, ZD21
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
I really need to get a dolly for my drums, it would make it a lot easier if I could just wheel them to the tractors instead of pulling into the corner.

Reactions: 1 users

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I really need to get a dolly for my drums, it would make it a lot easier if I could just wheel them to the tractors instead of pulling into the corner.

I saw some 55 gallon drum dollies at Harbor Freight sometime ago. I don't know if they still sell them because I haven't been there in several years but it's worth checking into.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I used this one. It was less $$$ when I bought it but it is very well constructed and works great.

fatjay

Equipment
Kubota B8200, B7200, ZD21
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
I saw some 55 gallon drum dollies at Harbor Freight sometime ago. I don't know if they still sell them because I haven't been there in several years but it's worth checking into.
I saw them years ago at HF too, but i looked recently, and couldn't find them. I saw a few on ebay, but wasn't sure about them.

GrizBota

Equipment
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Yes, I would not buy the low profile unit for a shop or barn. The low profile set up is really intended to live beneath a tonneau cover hence the premium over the standard 58 gallon tank. There is a benefit to having the tank out of sight and out of the weather though.

I made a steel dolly for the Kubota generator that I have and am close to completing something similar for the 106 gallon JDI tank. The problem I have since selling the MX6000 open station is that I can't get a tractor into the garage to move the tank around. Now that I have the 58 gallon tank in the bed of the truck I could make two trips to the fuel station and decant into the larger tank. This is what I'll be doing, but for convenience and safety I want to be able to move the large tank around easily if the need arises. A full tank isn't far off 900lb so I need to be able to roll the tank from the front to the back (or vice versa).

View attachment 122959

View attachment 122960
You think a pallet Jack would move the 108 gallon JDI tank? four wheels and steerable. Heck, back in the day we moved a car at work in the parking lot with one (and a couple 2x4s to extend the reach) when the employee couldn’t be located and the gas company needed to trench under it.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
You think a pallet Jack would move the 108 gallon JDI tank? four wheels and steerable. Heck, back in the day we moved a car at work in the parking lot with one (and a couple 2x4s to extend the reach) when the employee couldn’t be located and the gas company needed to trench under it.
A pallet jack would work fine I'm sure, but I'd like to keep the tank off the concrete so will finish up the dolly this spring.

I did buy a rubber mat to go under the bed tank as @armylifer suggested which works well, along with a couple of ratchet straps, but like so many simple projects they rapidly get out of hand. :LOL: I'll have to fabricate some cross members to get the installation where I want it to be.

Reactions: 1 users

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Every time I see this thread title, my troubled brain completes the sentence. "Diesel can fit, but gasoline can't".

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Started with 5 gal jugs, then picked up a 275 gal IBC tote for free, and a rotary hand pump. Worked OK, but couldn't monitor the fuel level on the tractor while cranking the pump. 12vdc pump and a small Jump Pack now complete the process. Local fuel distributor delivers 100 gallons for no delivery fee.

Reactions: 2 users