Delivery wait time...

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
Delivery wait time for L2501

This can be frustrating at times but Im sure it will be worth the wait. Its been two weeks since the dealer said he would order the tractor.
Im curious how many of you have had to wait over two or three weeks to have your tractor delivered ???
Just curious if its something common for the L2501 with no FEL and plus I wanted the different R1 tires and rims, cruise, stabilizers, grille, and deluxe RH lift arm assy, and I mentioned to him that Id rather have one from the factory rather than one that might have been sitting on a dealers lot for any extended length of time, which he said he couldnt find one at a local dealer with my desired configuration anyway, so I thought this might be part of the reason for a longer wait as well.
Any similar experiences ?

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Sure at least! Depends on what has to be done, what ordered, and how much time the techs have to do the pdi. Mine were both around 3 weeks.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Factory fresh units take time, your in a que behind everyone else that wanted a custom unit, and they fit it into the rotation of building stock units.

Sadly (and I really hope it's not the case) you could be looking at months to get it delivered.

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
Sure at least! Depends on what has to be done, what ordered, and how much time the techs have to do the pdi. Mine were both around 3 weeks.
Three weeks doesnt sound that bad. My neighbor got his in a week and a half.
Thanks

Factory fresh units take time, your in a que behind everyone else that wanted a custom unit, and they fit it into the rotation of building stock units.

Sadly (and I really hope it's not the case) you could be looking at months to get it delivered.
I hope that months is not the case as well.
I have my limits and that would be exceeding them.
Thanks

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Neighbor has a BX that is 3 years old. Finally talked him into getting a FEL for it... it has been over 4 months and the dealer hopes to have the FEL crate dropped 8/17

NWAZL3560

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, LA805 loader, BH77 backhoe, rock bucket, box blade, pallet forks
Jun 11, 2018
Mesquite, NV
I waited 3 months for my ordered L3560. I believe it was the LA805 loader that caused the wait.

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
Neighbor has a BX that is 3 years old. Finally talked him into getting a FEL for it... it has been over 4 months and the dealer hopes to have the FEL crate dropped 8/17
In the past Ive heard of loaders being the issue of waiting.
Thanks

I waited 3 months for my ordered L3560. I believe it was the LA805 loader that caused the wait.
Thats a very long wait imo.
Again those loaders seem to cause a wait.
Mine is not going to have a loader but the tractor is suppose to be here pretty soon...I hope.

03marauderman

Equipment
Kubota BX 23S
Sep 27, 2018
Plattekill
This is my post from yesterdays entry on this thread........

New to the forum...I am a proud new owner of a brand new ?? BX 23S.....This was a retirement gift to myself, after years of wanting a Kubota but never stepped up. I looked at a few used ones and decided that unlike a car, a tractor like this, would be a lifetime investment....So I go to my local Kubota dealer and buy one without any negotiation....He shoots a number to me & I say OK - Was this a mistake? or is there wiggle room....A few weeks later its delivered to me...Once the dust settles, and I'm alone, I take a good look at it....I find evidence of it being in outdoor storage for a very long time...This was not a tractor they had in stock, I feel it was obtained from another dealer. Most of the plastics have a lightness to it. The arm rests, lever bezels on the fenders, even the steering wheel...I also see spots of corrosion? under the paint, on the hood which did not compound or polish out....Yes I know this is a tractor, but I'm fussy and respect all my toys... I store it indoors, so it will never be out in the elements....I guess my question is, am I being too picky or unreasonable in my expectation of a brand new tractor, or is this is what to be expected.....I do realize some people wouldn't even notice or care, but this was a rather expensive toy......Oh and by the way, the hood is jambed shut...I know the latch is tricky and have had others opened, but not mine....The salesman said that it had a pre delivery service... Really? without opening the hood.....Thus far, very disappointed.....