Delivering L3901 = Yooper

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I have mentioned before that I have become very good friends with the owner of my Kubota dealership. I am retired and have helped alot with various projects like doing the site work for a new storage building and regrading his parking lot. He has been so busy with the dealership moving orange equipment that he asked me to run his slide back truck and deliver new tractors and mowers. Of course I said yes. Yooper I thought of you right away. I know you really like your L3901, and the first new tractor I delivered was a L3901. It was in the shop running and they were going over the tractor with the customer, and I could not believe how quiet it was. Not that my B2650 is loud, but the L3901 was definitely quieter. I ran it a little bit cycling the hydraulics and hst and everything was super smooth. That is not like out running it doing work, but I could sure tell it has all of the stuff to be a really good tractor. Looks like there will be more delivering in my future. What a great way to spend the day delivering new orange! The only thing better is running them!!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
A perfect part time activity! How much fun to deliver those new rigs!

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
I have mentioned before that I have become very good friends with the owner of my Kubota dealership. I am retired and have helped alot with various projects like doing the site work for a new storage building and regrading his parking lot. He has been so busy with the dealership moving orange equipment that he asked me to run his slide back truck and deliver new tractors and mowers. Of course I said yes. Yooper I thought of you right away. I know you really like your L3901, and the first new tractor I delivered was a L3901. It was in the shop running and they were going over the tractor with the customer, and I could not believe how quiet it was. Not that my B2650 is loud, but the L3901 was definitely quieter. I ran it a little bit cycling the hydraulics and hst and everything was super smooth. That is not like out running it doing work, but I could sure tell it has all of the stuff to be a really good tractor. Looks like there will be more delivering in my future. What a great way to spend the day delivering new orange! The only thing better is running them!!
No doubt about it, I get along well with my L3901 along with a lot of the others that own them! Kind of envy you with that job, getting to be around all that new Orange equipment and getting a chance to operate it! I am sure others here feel the same way. Good for you, Bud!

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
A perfect part time activity! How much fun to deliver those new rigs!
Hi Mary. Hope all is well. Been too long since I have checked in on you. It was really a fun day to deliver the new rigs to customers. I am a heavy equipment and tractor enthusiast as you know, and I was watching a youtube video from Messicks a couple weeks ago. Neal was saying that the percentage of people buying tractors from his dealership being (newbies) was 90%. I was shocked it was that high. I would have thought 70%. I remember how excited I was to get my new B2650, and I have run equipment all of my life. When you deliver a new piece of equipment, it is great to see that excitement. I delivered 4 tractors and a Kubota zero turn and picked up a couple of trade in tractors. What I found was every one of the customers were new to equipment and had no experience at all. I had to spend quite a bit of time with each customer to make sure they understood the maintenence and operation of the machine. But they all sure had excitement of getting a new machine. It was a good day for sure. Dealer called today and wanted me to work tomorrow, but I have already committed to running a dozer for a guy. Going back Thursday for him though. Looking forward to it!! Take care Mary.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
No doubt about it, I get along well with my L3901 along with a lot of the others that own them! Kind of envy you with that job, getting to be around all that new Orange equipment and getting a chance to operate it! I am sure others here feel the same way. Good for you, Bud!
Thanks Yooper. On the 3901, if I needed a heavier machine, for what I do, it would be the way to go. I know like you say that every one that has the 3901 loves them. For what I need I picked the perfect machine in the B2650. I has served me very well also. Just shy of 900 hrs on it now. They are definitely all good tractors, just picking out the right size for what a person needs to do as you know. It is definitely a fun job to be around all of that orange all day. What a great color!! Plus the owner and everyone at the dealership is great to work with. Plus meeting the customers has been fun also.