Decision Overload

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Just for the record he did state just north of Phoenix in the desert, and I do know all of that area very well, lived there for 21 years.
I was just throwing that out for people unfamiliar with Arizona. I’m a native Arizonian and have always been irked by people characterizing the entire state like the Phoenix area. I’ve been a NM resident for 19 years, but spent most of my life in Northern Arizona.

Reactions: 1 user

AzDesertDweller

Apr 17, 2024
Arizona
I sure wish I could help, but alas, I was meant to be a Congressman.

So here's how we sell the plan to "the people" (aka wife in this instance):

Tell the people/wife this.

"Honey, if we put that $26,000 in an investment that compounds annually at 5%, and finance the tractor with Kubota's 0% for 6 years, we will have $36,000 at the end, which basically pays for the entire thing. That way we can order a new 2502 with FEL, SSQA, Box Blade and Backhoe right now, and have almost ~40K later. It's a total Win-Win!!!!"

Then when she signs off on the deal, you skillfully invest in "guns and ammo".....

Just be careful of taking them on boats; gun owners are notoriously bad boaters..... (y)
This is brilliant! I left out some of the details of the math, but pitched this to the wife last night. She rolled her eyes and said to just go buy it! :cool:

I sadly fall into the category of one or more boating accidents losing everything!

Reactions: 2 users

AzDesertDweller

Apr 17, 2024
Arizona
Quick update, I have decided on the L2502 and plan to go toe to toe with the local dealer tomorrow. I'm equipped with examples of several package deals that other dealers much further east of me are offering. Hoping I can get them to match something. I have a feeling they will laugh and tell me to go spend $1k to travel 800 miles to buy one of those, but its worth a try!

Reactions: 3 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
This is brilliant! I left out some of the details of the math, but pitched this to the wife last night. She rolled her eyes and said to just go buy it! :cool:

I sadly fall into the category of one or more boating accidents losing everything!
She sounds like a keeper. Happy shopping. 🥃

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Quick update, I have decided on the L2502 and plan to go toe to toe with the local dealer tomorrow. I'm equipped with examples of several package deals that other dealers much further east of me are offering. Hoping I can get them to match something. I have a feeling they will laugh and tell me to go spend $1k to travel 800 miles to buy one of those, but its worth a try!

That's awesome!!!! (y) (y) (y) (y)

Remember....... Pics, or it didn't happen!!!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
If the local dealer blows you off, why not call one of the others, and see if you can get their DELIVERED price?
Depending on sales tax conditions, you might also pay no sales tax, when buying from dealer in a different state.
If your state sales tax is 7% you could save $1,700, on tax alone.
( would suggest NOT mentioning this to your local dealer)

Last edited:

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
If the local dealer blows you off, why not call one of the others, and see if you can get their DELIVERED price?
Depending on sales tax conditions, you might also pay no sales tax, when buying from dealer in a different state.
If your state sales tax is 7% you could save $1,700, on tax alone.
( would suggest NOT mentioning this to your local dealer)
I bought my tractor in neighboring Colorado and didn’t have to pay any sales tax because I’m not a Colorado resident.

AzDesertDweller

Apr 17, 2024
Arizona
I reached out to a dealer in AL as they have a great price on a package deal. He told me that Kubota only allows dealers to sell within a 150 mile radius of the dealership's location. I would have to prove I own land within that. This is the craziest thing I have ever heard! I asked if I showed up at his dealership with cash in hand and he said he could NOT sell to me. Amazing...

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I reached out to a dealer in AL as they have a great price on a package deal. He told me that Kubota only allows dealers to sell within a 150 mile radius of the dealership's location. I would have to prove I own land within that. This is the craziest thing I have ever heard! I asked if I showed up at his dealership with cash in hand and he said he could NOT sell to me. Amazing...
I think he is blowing smoke up your Axx!
Try another dealer, in a different state.

Reactions: 1 users

AzDesertDweller

Apr 17, 2024
Arizona
Not sure if I can link to FB marketplace...

2014 L3200

Wanted to get some more expert opinions if you guys would. This only has 85 hours on it. Guy says he has had it for less than a year and bought from the original owner. Moving out of state and can't take it. Says condition matches and confirms the low hours.

Wouldn't this be really comparable to the l2502 with just a little more hp? 2014 so pre-epa crap. Private party so no tax. Out the door this would be around $10k cheaper than new. Thoughts? Thanks again for any advice!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

2014 L3200

Wanted to get some more expert opinions if you guys would. This only has 85 hours on it. Guy says he has had it for less than a year and bought from the original owner. Moving out of state and can't take it. Says condition matches and confirms the low hours.

Wouldn't this be really comparable to the l2502 with just a little more hp? 2014 so pre-epa crap. Private party so no tax. Out the door this would be around $10k cheaper than new. Thoughts? Thanks again for any advice!
I can't see the facebook ad, but I personally would by a L3200 over a L2502 any day of the week, especially if you can get it for a good price and it isn't sun damaged too much.
Then you could add the SSQA for the FEL (if not already equipped) and a Quick Hitch for the three point and your golden.

AzDesertDweller

Apr 17, 2024
Arizona
I can't see the facebook ad, but I personally would by a L3200 over a L2502 any day of the week, especially if you can get it for a good price and it isn't sun damaged too much.
Then you could add the SSQA for the FEL (if not already equipped) and a Quick Hitch for the three point and your golden.
Thanks again for giving your opinion! It looks clean in the pics and video. Not sun faded. Tires look good. Has the SSQA and even a canopy. Almost seems to good to be true but it is a 2014.It's about 3.5 hours from me so not easy to go look at. Pics attached.

Attachments

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
SW Ag in Bayfield (Durango) Colorado will sell to anyone and no tax out of state. You would have to bring a trailer and pick it up.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Thanks again for giving your opinion! It looks clean in the pics and video. Not sun faded. Tires look good. Has the SSQA and even a canopy. Almost seems to good to be true but it is a 2014.It's about 3.5 hours from me so not easy to go look at. Pics attached.
Seems like a nice machine and worth looking at.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I was told this in NZ. The dealer I brought from just needed an address within his region. My brother's address worked fine.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan

2014 L3200

If its true, that certainly looks looks a nice machine to me.

There are real deals out there for sure.

Aside:

I was looking at Bucther Block tables for the cabin but they were pretty pricey ($1500 to $3000)

Then my daughter sent me a link for one on FB marketplace for $50. (I had heard of this FB marketplace but never used it) I immediately called my SIL and asked him to go buy it as it was only 15 minutes from them.

He said he would go in the morning. I told him what great deal it was, and asked him to go 'right now' and not wait.

He dropped what he was doing and went and got it. I was super happy. He made it my "Fathers day" gift.

It don't look like much, but I bet it weighs a couple hundred pounds. It was pretty dry from years of not being oiled, so I went at it with mineral oil and now it looks great.

20240420_060429.jpg

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire

2014 L3200

The video and pictures look really good. If it’s as good in person you should seriously consider buying it. Give it a thorough look over, check all the fluids, look underneath and so on.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

Aside:

I was looking at Bucther Block tables for the cabin but they were pretty pricey ($1500 to $3000)

Then my daughter sent me a link for one on FB marketplace for $50. (I had heard of this FB marketplace but never used it) I immediately called my SIL and asked him to go buy it as it was only 15 minutes from them.

He said he would go in the morning. I told him what great deal it was, and asked him to go 'right now' and not wait.

He dropped what he was doing and went and got it. I was super happy. He made it my "Fathers day" gift.

It don't look like much, but I bet it weighs a couple hundred pounds. It was pretty dry from years of not being oiled, so I went at it with mineral oil and now it looks great.

View attachment 126719
Congratulations!
GOOD idea to act FAST!
You got one HELL of a deal on that!

AzDesertDweller

Apr 17, 2024
Arizona

Aside:

View attachment 126719
That is beautiful! Great spot for your humidor too