Debris Forks Question

bluedunn

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, MMM, Heavy Hitch Back Plow Blade
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
Hi-

I recently picked up a set of debris forks from titan attachments for my BX. I have not tried them yet, but am planning to as soon as the ground dries out enough. Should I get a chain binder of some type to use on the bucket so as not to develop a bucket smile? I don't plan on using these to lift anything more than some brush piles around my property.

Thanks for any help!

WhatnxtBX

Equipment
BX2380
Jun 10, 2019
Lk Stevens, WA
My BX (2380) has the same forks. I have a factory edge guard installed on the bucket. Lifting logs, boulders, and yard debris with no issues with the bucket.

The only problem is that they are a bit short and I can not see the end of them from the driver's seat.

bluedunn

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, MMM, Heavy Hitch Back Plow Blade
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
My BX (2380) has the same forks. I have a factory edge guard installed on the bucket. Lifting logs, boulders, and yard debris with no issues with the bucket.

The only problem is that they are a bit short and I can not see the end of them from the driver's seat.
Ok, thanks for the reply. How have the forks held up? I'm itching to get out and use these!

WhatnxtBX

Equipment
BX2380
Jun 10, 2019
Lk Stevens, WA
They are doing fine. A little paint removed, but that is expected.

I do remove the tightening lever when they are being used. Debris used to catch on them. Lesson learned. :)

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Never heard of them but did a search and they look interesting and for $272 with free shipping off Amazon, they tempt me.

I have been making do with my clamp on 32" pallet forks for the same purpose. I wish there would be a 32" option for these. (Maybe there is for all I know, I just checked the first link.) Would work SO MUCH better than two forks when I need to move brush piles and so on.

Not sure I would like the 21" length.

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
Had read many many times about need for brush guard when using such and when I got my new tractor and new grapple was in too big a hurry. Sure it was on the trash pile was dumping onto but ran limb into ripping the grill cover. Only $342. Bucket should help with protection but look at your tractor to be sure it is protected.