Dealer completion gotcha's

msmcknight

Equipment
B2601
Oct 30, 2017
Statesville, NC, USA
Hi guys,

I'll probably order my B2601 this week and the dealer said it would come new from the factory, with some local assembly once it arrives.

I know the final quality of the product can depend on how well the dealer does that final assembly, so I was wondering what kinds of things I should look for that might be common, or well-known, dealer completion issues.

If anyone has any experience with problems on a new tractor that were a result of the dealer's work, I'd love to hear about them so I can pay extra-close attention to them when I pick up the tractor.

Thanks to you all in advance,
-Michael

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
OIL LEVEL in the front axle... for sure they should be better by now about checking for this (this was a while back).

Have not heard much else to worry about.
I would check ALL levels......

Mine was light in the HST area!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Check all fluid levels.
Look for any drips or leaks.
Ask to see the PDI (Pre delivery inspection) check list.
Then check over that PDI check list. ;)

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Also check for loose or missings bolts, especially around loader mounts. Then recheck everything once you work it.

I had loader bolts come loose after first couple uses and one of the bolts fell out of my loader joystick where it mounts on the valve body.

And like everyone else has said....check all fluid levels and grease it all yourself.

I also like to look at all hose and wire routing to make sure nothing is going to rub through.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
You should have to sign off on a delivery sheet for the tractor and all implements that have a Kubota decal when the unit is delivered! And you should receive as copy of the Kubota warranty booklet. I would say the deck level and hardware are the things missed most. Also someone mentioned hose routing and leaks.

Just bare in mind that as owner, that you recheck your hardware torques by the owners manual every time you do maintenance;)

Pat

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
check all fluids, mine was hst light as well. others were fine. loader pin bolt/nuts (they keep the pins in) most of them needed to be threaded on more as they were just fingered on a few rotation instead of where the locking part of the nut engages.
check torque on all wheel studs, I would recommend doing this after a day of good use again just to be certain, I had no issues with this though. double check hydraulic hoses if they made any, I had 2 lines on certain implements that are slow drips that were that way when I got them from the dealer. just haven't had a moment to tighten up the fittings and see if it corrects the issues. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
Fold the ROPS. Dealer put the bolts in the wrong holes (hinge point) on mine. Once I swapped the bolts and pins the ROPS would fold. Manual show correct placement of these.

Dalroo

Equipment
MX4800DT
Aug 24, 2015
Brookesmith, TX
Can't prove it, but think dealer cross threaded both ends of adjustable lift arm on 3 point. The turnbuckle and both threaded ends were stripped. I paid $80 to replace.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Can't prove it, but think dealer cross threaded both ends of adjustable lift arm on 3 point. The turnbuckle and both threaded ends were stripped. I paid $80 to replace.
Nope! All three point sway links come assembled from Kubota. They just clevis pin on and bolt/nut to the lower lift arms.

Pat

captmikem

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660 MX 4800 and a bunch of attachments.
Mar 16, 2017
SW Washington State.
I would check the lug nut torque at 10 hours (instead of the 50 in the book). I did not notice it until it was too late and ovaled out the two forward wheels.

(I do not think this was the dealers fault.)

M

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
I would check the lug nut torque at 10 hours (instead of the 50 in the book). I did not notice it until it was too late and ovaled out the two forward wheels.

(I do not think this was the dealers fault.)

M
I am afraid that is a dealer installed piece? BX TLBs are drive offs but still is on the check list as something that needs to be checked!

FEI that there is a feature for dealers to check that the units are factory assembled at an extra cost. And every thing above an MX is a drive off factory assembled unit.

Pat