Dead battery @ 50.3 hours

1845 Cemetery

Equipment
B3200HSD
Nov 16, 2011
Harrisburg, Pa
Hello all,

Well I have been reading and searching the fourm for since the cemetery purchased our 2011 kubota b2300 hst named Enola. While she has been running great and just had her 50 hour service and continued to run well up till this afternoon.

Today was not a hard day and warm to boot (58f) she ran well and was just using it to run items back and forth while cleaning the shed for 2 or so hours leaving her idle while loading.

Then I had to shut her down so I would not gas myself for about 10/15 mins and she would not start back up just clicking that's all

Looked at battery indcator eye it was black so I now have the charger on the battery.

How or why did this happen I had no lights on?

Any suggestions

David
Harrisburg Cemetery
Hbg Pa

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
The clicking is a starter issue.
Clean all ends, connections, terminal ends.

Have you got a volt meter?
Once you get it running, use the volt meter to test your charging system.
14.4 is gravy.

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
50 hours? Call the dealer and have the service guy clean the terminals and trouble shoot. Surely it's under warranty!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Did you turn the key all the way off? Maybe you just ran the battery down because the dash board was light up...

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Heh, I just did that on my brand new truck. Left the door ajar and the dome light drained it to the point where it wouldn't crank. Had to bump start it down the driveway.

I say make the dealer fix it but if you feel like trouble shooting hook up a known good battery of decent capacity (700+ CCA) and give it a whirl. If she cranks, shut it down and hook the old one back up. If it lights again, loose connection, if it doesn't bad battery. If it doesn't crank with the good battery then wiggle the wires and check all the bolts at the connections, probably a bad starter solenoid if that doesn't help.

As meanjean said when it's running you oughta get around 14+ volts at the battery terminals. When it's off on a good battery you should see about 12.7V, less on a bad one. Though voltage won't always tell the story with batteries.

1845 Cemetery

Equipment
B3200HSD
Nov 16, 2011
Harrisburg, Pa
Well its happened again battery died while using the tractor now at 56 hours

After rechargingthe first time I followed the above suggestions and every thing was well within spec and the unit ran well without any issues untill today.

Called dealer and was greeted with a piss poor attitude saying they would have to pick up tractor and check it at their shop of course the repair is free but the tow to shop was not and no on site service, What do they do with really large equipment?

Because of their poor attitude they lost a future sale of some chain saws and landscape equipment that is needed by the cemetery to the tune of a few thousand dollars.

Am I wrong to expect that a New $20k tractor with only 56 hours should not have this problem or the dealer should have a bit more tact and be a bit more helpful ?

Last edited:

sauto1985

Nov 19, 2011
hell,michigan usa
no you are not wrong----poor customer service=no longer a customer---in my case anyways---im lucky enough to have a great supporting local dealer to help with my old b20----and im sure they are great with new and all customers ---boullion sales lawn and garden equipment and agricultural equipment in dexter mich---

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Bad dealers. That really is hard to deal with. Went thru the same thing with my first dealer. Luckily I found a good one or I would have change colors before buying another one from them.