Day one with my 1st Kubota

BotaTrac

Equipment
Kubota B25D, Kubota L305DT, Kubota L2501D, Ford 681 Select-O-Speed
Mar 16, 2017
Hogwarts Academy
My new BX25D. First things first - Fire up the heat gun and let's get all those silly WARNING! Stickers off!! Besides - with all them stickers gone she's got to be more aerodynamic! :D

Now - Where to get 12V DC power??

Things to do:
LED Headlamps
LED ROPS Lighting (facing forward)
LED ROPS Lights (Facing the backhoe)
Battery Tender Charging Port
Etc; Etc; Etc;

What warranty??

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
My new BX25D. First things first - Fire up the heat gun and let's get all those silly WARNING! Stickers off!! Besides - with all them stickers gone she's got to be more aerodynamic! :D

Now - Where to get 12V DC power??

Things to do:
LED Headlamps
LED ROPS Lighting (facing forward)
LED ROPS Lights (Facing the backhoe)
Battery Tender Charging Port
Etc; Etc; Etc;

What warranty??
12v power ....between your legs - 12volt source there!

as for Battery tender :

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004LX3AS6/ref=twister_B01M0PWX9Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GC016-D...rd_wg=TreUI&psc=1&refRID=PE896560NQB6ABVTHJNY

Rops lights:

https://www.amazon.com/Cutequeen-Lu...489721899&sr=8-3&keywords=led+off+road+lights

those puppies are dirrrrrt cheap now!!! I paid over 100 bucks for all 4 of mine!

BotaTrac

Equipment
Mar 16, 2017
Hogwarts Academy
12v power ....between your legs - 12volt source there!

as for Battery tender :

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004LX3AS6/ref=twister_B01M0PWX9Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GC016-D...rd_wg=TreUI&psc=1&refRID=PE896560NQB6ABVTHJNY

Rops lights:

https://www.amazon.com/Cutequeen-Lu...489721899&sr=8-3&keywords=led+off+road+lights

those puppies are dirrrrrt cheap now!!! I paid over 100 bucks for all 4 of mine!

Yes Sir!

I'm heading right over to AmazoPrime to check out all the lights. I want to turn night into day. I also would like to power them with low profile illuminated waterproof rocker switches. I'm old school. I solder connections, heat shrink them, use corrugated loom for protection and install relays & fuses on every lead. Not a lot of space to play with under there......

Thanks for your recommendations!!

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
Paul short has 550 videos to watch and a lot of them BX related mods using his BX 25 d. But bota art had a similar one too for charging port. While searching someone had a string LED for ROPS to light up back of tractor... wonder if it could be wired into lights and signals to operate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BotaTrac

Equipment
Mar 16, 2017
Hogwarts Academy
For a Battery Tender I prefer the Deltron Battery Tender Plus, I have been using these on several vehicles for 20 years with zero problems.

Here's a neat install I found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfYn-aNIQ08 .

If you haven't already seen it here's a Paul Short video about an auxiliary fuse box https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EmxEP3WZfU&t=2324s .

I have 2 four bank Battery Tenders I got at a garage sale about 10 yeasr ago for $40/each. I couldn't pay for them and get out of there fast enough! I agree with you on the Deltran. Some of the best stuff on ther market!

I spent about 6 hours last night watching Paul Short on YouTube. That guy is a real wizard - he's got some serious vision and great ability.

BotaTrac

Equipment
Mar 16, 2017
Hogwarts Academy
Paul short has 550 videos to watch and a lot of them BX related mods using his BX 25 d. But bota art had a similar one too for charging port. While searching someone had a string LED for ROPS to light up back of tractor... wonder if it could be wired into lights and signals to operate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here's what I got last night/early this morning after watching some video's and reading a load of posts in this forum :eek::

Attachments

BotaTrac

Equipment
Mar 16, 2017
Hogwarts Academy
Here's what I got last night/early this morning after watching some video's and reading a load of posts in this forum :eek::
Plus I got some water proof switches, 4 twelve volt relays and all the do-dads to make it work. This way, all the electrical upgrades are being done at once. The fuse box will leave me two other protected circuits for expansion.

NOTE: There isn't a whole lot of room under the dashboard by the battery compartment. I want all the NON-STOCK electrical add-ons to be powered only when the ignition is switched on. On the stock fuse box there is a 12ga (20AMP fused) wire that is switched and feeds the "cigarette lighter" outlet under the seat. I'll cut that out and use that circuit to power the low draw side of the relay that controls to excite the coils through the Expansion Fuse Box. I'll protect all the expanded devices with 10AMP fuses. Even the stuff that goes to the high side of the relays will be protected with 10amp fuses for extra protection.

Attachments

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Plus I got some water proof switches, 4 twelve volt relays and all the do-dads to make it work. This way, all the electrical upgrades are being done at once. The fuse box will leave me two other protected circuits for expansion.

NOTE: There isn't a whole lot of room under the dashboard by the battery compartment. I want all the NON-STOCK electrical add-ons to be powered only when the ignition is switched on. On the stock fuse box there is a 12ga (20AMP fused) wire that is switched and feeds the "cigarette lighter" outlet under the seat. I'll cut that out and use that circuit to power the low draw side of the relay that controls to excite the coils through the Expansion Fuse Box. I'll protect all the expanded devices with 10AMP fuses. Even the stuff that goes to the high side of the relays will be protected with 10amp fuses for extra protection.

I used those exact switches to run my front and rear LED lights. They have a nice positive feel to them and work awesome.

View attachment 28105

View attachment 28106

View attachment 28107

Last edited:

Juiced06GTO

Equipment
2016 B2601
Nov 26, 2014
Sutton, MA
I used those switches too, they work great and have held up to the rain and snow well this winter. I also added a weatherproof fuse block, mine is not switched at the moment, I may do that later, but it works well as is for now.

Attachments

BotaTrac

Equipment
Mar 16, 2017
Hogwarts Academy
I used those switches too, they work great and have held up to the rain and snow well this winter. I also added a weatherproof fuse block, mine is not switched at the moment, I may do that later, but it works well as is for now.
Great Job! Clean and very neat......

BotaTrac

Equipment
Mar 16, 2017
Hogwarts Academy
Could you post the link to where you got the switches please?
No problem........

Amazon: http://a.co/87vqNDr

They're $7 a piece with Prime. DO NOT buy the cheaper ones that look the same. I assure you that THEY ARE NOT!. You'll know exactly what I mean when you snap these on and off. Waaaaay better feel. Good luck!

OC455

Equipment
BX2350 LED ROP, FEL, Belly mower,modified snow blower, pole boom, middle plow
Sep 30, 2016
Rome NY USA

I watched Paul Short's videos for his BX25D, I like how he used the fuse block and wired it to the ignition. I'm going to be going that route as soon as I get some more time. Running a relay between the battery/ignition to the fuse block seems the safest way to go. Right now, I have power to LED lights/linear actuator run off the battery with an in-line fuse.

My ROPS lights are run off the rear power point.