Daily Chuckle

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
My old fat fingers have trouble with these screen keyboards so......
jNewPhone.jpg

I am getting a new phone that I can operate.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
well, it's butter than a lot of jokes ( like GW/CC ) !!!
and I'm sticking to that comment
so now to mooove on.....

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
This is totally lost on anyone under 50. I can’t count the times I’ve heard “you owe me!” Between 3 of my own, 3 stepkids, and 3 grandkids over the past 45 years, I’ve had my share of demands for “wants” and tried to explain the difference between wants and needs. If they were persistent, my reply was always the same; “Rent is due today.” Had I ever had the nerve to say ”you owe me” to my folks, I’m sure physical violence would have occurred. But I keep getting told I have to have a gentler touch with younger generations. To which my response is “No one was gentle with me, and I’m the one that everyone wants something from.” I have what I have because I left home at 17 with $20 in my pocket fully aware that I was capable of getting anything I wanted as long as I was willing to work for it. THAT is what understanding what a parent does is. We all want better for our kids, but some of us probably have a pretty low bar for measuring what “better” is.

Reactions: 1 user

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
We are all speaking the same language here and the interpretation is the same. Sadly or gladly, even the same mold casts a different individual each time. Same parents, same upbringing, and completely different offspring.

Even my personal family has not escaped heartache and tragedy.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
This is totally lost on anyone under 50. I can’t count the times I’ve heard “you owe me!” Between 3 of my own, 3 stepkids, and 3 grandkids over the past 45 years, I’ve had my share of demands for “wants” and tried to explain the difference between wants and needs. If they were persistent, my reply was always the same; “Rent is due today.” Had I ever had the nerve to say ”you owe me” to my folks, I’m sure physical violence would have occurred. But I keep getting told I have to have a gentler touch with younger generations. To which my response is “No one was gentle with me, and I’m the one that everyone wants something from.” I have what I have because I left home at 17 with $20 in my pocket fully aware that I was capable of getting anything I wanted as long as I was willing to work for it. THAT is what understanding what a parent does is. We all want better for our kids, but some of us probably have a pretty low bar for measuring what “better” is.
I have a friend who frequently told his three children (often), when you graduate I'm breaking your plate! The message was get out, you're on you own.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
I have a friend who frequently told his three children (often), when you graduate I'm breaking your plate! The message was get out, you're on you own.
It was never spoken aloud, but the implications were VERY clear. Graduated in early June, had a job before the end of the month and paid a token "rent" until I left for boot camp the following February. Due to working nights I was relieve of doing evening chores (Dad raised beef critters) but morning chores and lawn mowing were still my responsibility.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yepper that letter, that said ,,,,,,, You have been selected by your friends and,,,, uggggh

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I was 17. I graduated high school in May and got on a bus headed for boot camp in June, never to live at home again. Not bragging nor complaining....just the way it was.

Reactions: 1 user