Daily Chuckle

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
This is totally lost on anyone under 50. I can’t count the times I’ve heard “you owe me!” Between 3 of my own, 3 stepkids, and 3 grandkids over the past 45 years, I’ve had my share of demands for “wants” and tried to explain the difference between wants and needs. If they were persistent, my reply was always the same; “Rent is due today.” Had I ever had the nerve to say ”you owe me” to my folks, I’m sure physical violence would have occurred. But I keep getting told I have to have a gentler touch with younger generations. To which my response is “No one was gentle with me, and I’m the one that everyone wants something from.” I have what I have because I left home at 17 with $20 in my pocket fully aware that I was capable of getting anything I wanted as long as I was willing to work for it. THAT is what understanding what a parent does is. We all want better for our kids, but some of us probably have a pretty low bar for measuring what “better” is.

Reactions: 1 user

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
We are all speaking the same language here and the interpretation is the same. Sadly or gladly, even the same mold casts a different individual each time. Same parents, same upbringing, and completely different offspring.

Even my personal family has not escaped heartache and tragedy.

Reactions: 1 user