COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Just talked (at a distance :)) to the 53 year old RN who lives across the street. She is scheduled to go back to work on Thursday after recovering from the virus. Her symptoms were mild, and she had to demand to be tested, and then drive 100+ miles round trip to another town for testing. She said the tests are still so few that the average Joe usually can not be tested, even if showing all the symptoms. She said that there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to who develops the mild or the severe symptoms, other than the healthier you are, the better chance you have of staying mildly symptomatic, or recovering from the severe version.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Just talked (at a distance :)) to the 53 year old RN who lives across the street. She is scheduled to go back to work on Thursday after recovering from the virus. Her symptoms were mild, and she had to demand to be tested, and then drive 100+ miles round trip to another town for testing. She said the tests are still so few that the average Joe usually can not be tested, even if showing all the symptoms. She said that there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to who develops the mild or the severe symptoms, other than the healthier you are, the better chance you have of staying mildly symptomatic, or recovering from the severe version.
My buddies wife got tested Sunday evening but we haven't heard back yet. They told him 24 to 48 hours before they'd get the test back so we're sitting here waiting for the news with legs, toes and fingers crossed praying that she'll be fine.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
My buddies wife got tested Sunday evening but we haven't heard back yet. They told him 24 to 48 hours before they'd get the test back so we're sitting here waiting for the news with legs, toes and fingers crossed praying that she'll be fine.
My friends wife got her test back today very happy to say it was negative. I only wish everyone were so lucky.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Just might be time to start some mash,,lol
Back in the early days of the depression my Wife's Granddad was a sharecropper who also had a more profitable " still ". He used to laugh about those times saying him, a Morman, and another distiller , a Baptist, had a gentlemans agreement. Baptist sold on even months Morman sold on odd months . Kept evryone with a little business :D

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Back in the early days of the depression my Wife's Granddad was a sharecropper who also had a more profitable " still ". He used to laugh about those times saying him, a Morman, and another distiller , a Baptist, had a gentlemans agreement. Baptist sold on even months Morman sold on odd months . Kept evryone with a little business :D
All I can tell ya is winters and spring were far more enjoyable when I was drinking.:rolleyes:

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
All I can tell ya is winters and spring were far more enjoyable when I was drinking.:rolleyes:
There is a CW song " I'm not much fun since I quit drinkin " . I don't know who sang it as my Wife is the CW fan, I'm more a Led Zepplan guy.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Flags are often only a cheap display of false and misplaced patriotism. Seeing someone is flying the flag...does not make them pure and holy.

By their ACTIONS you will know them. (Matt 7:16)

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
My flag fly's 24/7/365 well lighted at night, and in full view of anyone that looks. I may not be holy, and my patriotism is real, I took an oath 50 years ago and it has never been rescinded.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Well folks it's really looking like we're in this for the long hall so what can I say except please be careful. Also if you are lucky enough to be spending quality time with your family just remember, no one ever overdosed from getting too many hugs. Lol, my wife and my dog are starting to run the other way when they see me coming.:rolleyes::D Be safe folks.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
And if you are by your self, reach out on the phone, skype, face book DX CQ, what ever to keep in touch with friends and family. It is hard enough having to stay in and try to figure out what to make for supper, with out seeing a friendly face or word of encouragement. Stay safe Y'all

Apr 7, 2020
US
Being a hermit like I am, I really don't need to be interactive with family anyway. If any of them succumb, I'm sure we will hear about it anyway. [emoji112]. I have plenty of stuff to keep me busy anyway

Sent from my C6743 using Tapatalk

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
Michigan stay at home extended.

I'm out in heated garage replacing core support in wife's Pontiac Vibe.

She gas hit 4 deer in front about the same spot :eek:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
And if you are by your self, reach out on the phone, skype, face book DX CQ, what ever to keep in touch with friends and family. It is hard enough having to stay in and try to figure out what to make for supper, with out seeing a friendly face or word of encouragement. Stay safe Y'all
You got that right. Thankful for friends, in particular a vet friend now in DC who today has talked me through a sick dog, not eating, today in a local vet clinic, may be a one way trip. Either pyometra (infected uterus) or metastatic mass. I said do exploratory surgery, if uterus and you can get it out, go for it, even if risky. If mass, don't wake her up. I was being sad about being so decisive, but she stopped eating much 3 days ago, and friend said I had done the best thing for her. But these travel restrictions and sanitizing everything sure get on my nerves after a while.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
You got that right. Thankful for friends, in particular a vet friend now in DC who today has talked me through a sick dog, not eating, today in a local vet clinic, may be a one way trip. Either pyometra (infected uterus) or metastatic mass. I said do exploratory surgery, if uterus and you can get it out, go for it, even if risky. If mass, don't wake her up. I was being sad about being so decisive, but she stopped eating much 3 days ago, and friend said I had done the best thing for her. But these travel restrictions and sanitizing everything sure get on my nerves after a while.
Man that sucks sheepfarmer, I feel your pain. Nothing worse than having something wrong with your pet except for dealing with that along with everything else that's going on right now. Keep well my friend and I'm still looking forward to sitting on the deck with you and skeets. Just for the record I think you made the right decision.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Michigan stay at home extended.

I'm out in heated garage replacing core support in wife's Pontiac Vibe.

She gas hit 4 deer in front about the same spot :eek:
Good thing it is heated garage up where you are, we went from 60 to snow, hail, and graupel in less than 12 hours. Don't imagine it is toasty outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.