Country Pro

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Anyone have any experience with the Country Pro series of implements from Tractor Supply?

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...int-post-hole-digger-ytl-019-033?cm_vc=-10011

Looks like made by these guys

The little manure spreader is pretty nice looking also.
Not the country pro line but looking at them online it looks very comparable to tractor supplies CountyLine brand of products. It also seems comparatively priced. I have experience with the CountyLine brand. I have their 25ton log splitter, and the 3pt box blade for my tractor. They are a budget minded brand, but you should already be aware of that. I've reviewed many of the countyline products up close. You typically get lower gauge steele, lighter gauge stuff, items that just aren't built for heavy duty use. Now, if you're like me, where you are wanting a post hole digger, for example, just to dig a few holes here and there, then that is where I would look at a cheaper budget option like this. If you plan to be using this tool very often, then I would of course go with something more heavy duty. The county line products, and Im sure the country pro lines work as decent light duty options where you perhaps have one job your doing and need the tool but dont want to spend a fortune. The box blade I got works well and holds up well. The log splitter has a slight leak on the hydraulic, but aside from that it splits everything Ive thrown at it. But I live in Florida....Fire wood is just kinda for fun here. Im not splitting massive loads of wood every year - If I were up north and fire wood was more crucial I would own something more substantial.

This is just my thoughts. Just keep your expectation in check and realize you're buying a more budget minded brand. That may be all you need out of a post hole digger though, if so I think it would work fine. Just also know that most of the Countyline stuff, if it has a gear box on it, its often made in china.

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
Need to install fence posts for the pasture fencing, but after that it will collect dust. I suspect it will see 100-200 2'deep 6" holes for the fencing then be used a couple times a year for repairs or plantings.

Reactions: 1 user

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Need to install fence posts for the pasture fencing, but after that it will collect dust. I suspect it will see 100-200 2'deep 6" holes for the fencing then be used a couple times a year for repairs or plantings.
Yep, this is the typical scenario where people, including myself, look at tractor supply branded implements. You got one big job that needs to be done, but after that you know the work on that tool will be very little, so you hate to go spend a premium for a heavy duty tool that wont see much use. I would definitely go for the countyline or country pro option. Ive seen good reviews on the countyline post hole digger that tractor supply sells - not seen any reviews on country pro. if gets all the holes done for your new fence, it will have paid for itself with the one job. Fencing can be expensive, especially if youre paying someone else to do it. If I were in your shoes Id prolly do the holes by hand, but I live in florida where digging a 2' deep hole takes about 20 seconds. You likely have harder ground to contend with.

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
Georgia clay. nuff said. Did 10 hole with a 2-man auger and it took a few hours. Not again. Looking to work smarter not harder. Too old for that.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Anyone have any experience with the Country Pro series of implements from Tractor Supply?

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...int-post-hole-digger-ytl-019-033?cm_vc=-10011

Looks like made by these guys

The little manure spreader is pretty nice looking also.
I bought an auger from Everything Attachments a few years ago. It was well made and dug like a champ on youtube. The auger has no down pressure and is almost worthless with my rocky soil conditions. A skid steer with an auger that can apply downward pressure is the way to go when drilling holes in my opinion .

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Georgia clay. nuff said. Did 10 hole with a 2-man auger and it took a few hours. Not again. Looking to work smarter not harder. Too old for that.
I don't blame you there. We have clay in pockets here in north Florida, but I don't have any on my place, thankfully.