Converting to Quick hitch

Fleshwound

Equipment
L3302
Apr 23, 2024
Idaho
I picked up this box blade. And I’m thinking about converting it to work with my quick hitch. Anybody have any slick ideas how to do that? I have some ideas, but if anybody’s got a better one or has done it before I’d appreciate some insight.
Thanks, Ben

Attachments

Edke6bnl

Equipment
B7800 Kubota, case 1840 Skidsteer Ford 3500
Mar 31, 2022
Agua Dulce, California
May have to move the flat bar down lower, put a piece of pipe between the holes in the top and put bolt in and tighten.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I picked up this box blade. And I’m thinking about converting it to work with my quick hitch. Anybody have any slick ideas how to do that? I have some ideas, but if anybody’s got a better one or has done it before I’d appreciate some insight.
Thanks, Ben
Simple...

Speeco Quick hitch adapter.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Weld a plate on the back side, cut the plate out in between the center, then put a spacer pipe/ bushing and a bolt through the top.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I bought this beautiful piece of China engineering from somewhere online. Ag supply maybe.
I use it on my bushhog with my quick hitch.

Attachments

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
First thing that came to my head was...

Weld a plate on each side like this. You might have to put a "jog" or "step" (middle vertical line) in it to account for the thickness of the vertical part. Be sure to go back on that trailing piece a few inches.

box blade.jpeg

Then cut out the bottom plate that is in the way and run a bolt/bushing through the holes.

Reactions: 1 user

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Mine came with the speeco e-hitch but somehow I ended up with two of them. Since my hitch came from EA, maybe that's why they went bankrupt?

The style that WFM posted above is pretty common. Amazon or tractor supply will have them in stock.

FTG-05

Equipment
L4330 w/FEL, RTV-XG850 and ZD326S
Jul 21, 2013
TN
Crappy "Before" pics, but this is how I did my LMV BB to fit my Agri-Supply Quick Hitch:

After:

In hindsight, I wish I had made the bottom clevis about an inch wider; there was no need for having that little space.

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
some very good insight above ^^. it if were mine, i would cut the flat bar off the middle at the center top, then bend it way down lower, re-weld it right back to the center, just get it low enough to get the top link to hook. when i was buying all my attachments, i made sure they were quick hitch ready, but..this is not the case when you buy old attachments. i just purchased the land pride quick hitch for my b2100, what a time saver !. i looked at the harbor freight quick hitches, after watching tons of video's..it was not worth it, spend the money, get the correct hitch, so i did.

Fleshwound

Equipment
L3302
Apr 23, 2024
Idaho
some very good insight above ^^. it if were mine, i would cut the flat bar off the middle at the center top, then bend it way down lower, re-weld it right back to the center, just get it low enough to get the top link to hook. when i was buying all my attachments, i made sure they were quick hitch ready, but..this is not the case when you buy old attachments. i just purchased the land pride quick hitch for my b2100, what a time saver !. i looked at the harbor freight quick hitches, after watching tons of video's..it was not worth it, spend the money, get the correct hitch, so i did.
I agree, My 3302 came with one, so im going to convert everything I buy.