Control valve BT 900 Backhoe

jasowiii

Equipment
Kubota L35
Jan 16, 2014
HomeTown USA
Looking for advice on repair of my backhoe stabilizer control valve on an L35.
The stab bleeds down in a few seconds.

I believe the problem is in the "lock" valve portion of the control valve assembly. The valve assembly is a Husco 5000 F104C. I think the problem is in what they call the "pilot operated check section". Note that I can lift about a ton with the stabilizer and it hold it up for hours, also the other stabilizer is rock solid too.
I rebuilt the cylinder first as it was leaking a little. Not any more.
The control valves do not leak a drop (externally). Including the seal on the cap, spring, ball portion of the "lock".

Kubota sells a seal kit 75595-63792 but I don't see how it would work. It has various size orings and a backer. The lock outs are hard chrome balls a spring and a seat. It makes no sense to me where the orings and backer would go???

Any ideas?

jasowiii

Equipment
Kubota L35
Jan 16, 2014
HomeTown USA
Wolfman,
No but maybe???

I am almost positive items 480 and 470*570 are the bad actors. My problem is getting to them or getting to anything that even looks like them.

When I take the "cap" off, I see a spring. I remove the spring, I see a ball. I remove the ball, I see a seat. None of this resembles the image. If you look at the part number list associated with the exploded view you sent you will see the seal kit 75595-63792. But again, I don't see how it would work. It has various size orings and a backer which I don't figure would do anything for the spring/ball/seat set up.

Now for the maybe...
I have never looked at the exploded view zoomed in as close as in your attachment. If you look closely at 470*570 you see what looks like a double hex (big/small). When I remove the small one I get the spring/ball/seat. If I remove the big one maybe...

Problem is that I have tried to and it does not budge. It looks like the bigger hex is part of the valve casting so I stopped. That and it is a 1" hex and less than an 1/8" tall and my wrench slips off. I'll try the bottom one with more torque and warm it up a little with a heat gun and see what happens.

Jim

Attachments

Last edited:

jasowiii

Equipment
Kubota L35
Jan 16, 2014
HomeTown USA
Go figure...:D

It makes sense that the oring could end up in the filter but I would not think the backer would disappear??

Hope this helps someone in the future. My advice is remove the spool seal retainer flange so a 1" socket can sit flush with the valve body before reefing on the hex. It came right out with a breaker bar once I got a good hold on it.

Jim

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Use a mirror if you need too, to look up into the valve section and make use the O-ring and wiper are not just lodged up in there. ;)

Replacing those 2 parts should fix you right up. :)