contracted this orange rash... runs on diesel

special t

Equipment
Pick up trucks of various makes vactor pipe cleaning truck, finn t75 hydroseeder
Aug 7, 2019
Scranton PA
Trying to make my grampas L245DT operational and most likely fully restored eventually. Its been sitting for a while and has had some "repairs" but I fixed the steering box and got it to crank by the time I got tired of tinkering. The usual electrical/seized parts/dry rot problems seem like the best place to start. This specific model seemed pretty hard to find too. Is this one something special?

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
Not a tractor expert but it’s bound to be special since it was grandpa’s :)
And its a Kubota :)

But seriously it sounds like its old enough to have limited electronics and your able to work on it without a lot of dealer input. Thats worth a bit.

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
The L245 was a popular model in the 70’s. Tons of them sold with a Woods MMM. The DT (double traction) version added 4WD which was less common but not rare. In those days most Kubotas were 2WD, unlike today where 2WD is very rare.

The L245 is a nice tractor, good luck with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
I have an L345DT of the 80s vintage and it is a similar tractor to yours. Some parts are still available but some are not and will have to be sourced through ebay or even a member here 007kubotaguy.

Great reliable tractor. Woolfman or maybe someone else will be along shortly to give you a link for a Service Manual

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
They are not uncommon around here. Many of the local berry farmers had/have L245DTs. The 2WD I have seen always have turf tires.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Trying to make my grampas L245DT operational and most likely fully restored eventually. Its been sitting for a while and has had some "repairs" but I fixed the steering box and got it to crank by the time I got tired of tinkering. The usual electrical/seized parts/dry rot problems seem like the best place to start. This specific model seemed pretty hard to find too. Is this one something special?
Good luck on your restore project.

Now for that orange rash, you know that you can never cure that rash and over time it only gets worse. :D