Coffee Anyone??

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I do, generally 2 cups per day unless I am sawing and I then miss my afternoon cup. The wife doesn't drink coffee so it's a simple matter for me to use canned loose ground. I recently found this single cup Hamilton Beach maker that I really like.

(I'm sorry but I still can't find an option to turn the pictures on this forum which is another good reason to update it.)

Attachments

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
At least the water stays in....lol

My favorite are the inverted ones...:D

Amy handles the coffee chores here in the AM. We only drink Half-Calf. The regular joe gives me the shakes because I'm good for 3 in the morning.

Having my 'Sleepytime' tea right now getting ready to get horizontal with Amy and Quincy (he's on the floor...lol).

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
I'm a bit of a coffee snob.

Some years back, I was introduced to the Keurig K-Cup single serve coffee maker by a friend. As soon as I got home, I hit Amazon and bought myself one.

Since I'm the only coffee drinker in the house, it's perfect for me. One cup, perfect brew, perfect temp and under two minutes from cold start to hot coffee.

I like my coffee pretty stout (20+ years in the Navy will do that for ya...). At the moment I've settled on Eight O'Clock Dark Italian. Can't quite stand a spoon up in it, but ya don't dare leave it set in the cup too long either...:eek::D

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Like ph Paul I have a Keurig 1cup since I am the only coffee drinker in the house. If it shot craps I would buy another same day.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I have coffee at a diner with "the boys" every morning before work. Same guys for almost 30 years, but our group has been reduced to 4....used to be almost 10; 6 are either dead or not doing well....

Weekends, it's to-go at a gas station in town and get to shoot the breeze with a couple other guys.

So I need coffee, but it's as much social than dietary.....

coachgrd

Equipment
BX 1870
Aug 1, 2017
Waterford, PA
I don't drink coffee, but the older I get, I can see why others do...I sometimes can't wake up! I actually drank a cup of Swiss Miss "Pick Me Up" Hot chocolate every morning for a few years, THEN they pulled the rug out on me and quit making it! (The box even said "as much caffine as a cup of coffee!") I emailed the company and by all indications, I was the only one drinking it lol.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Since my knee surgery in November and now this shoulder surgery, I have been treating myself to 2 cups per day. One AM and one PM.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
I do, generally 2 cups per day unless I am sawing and I then miss my afternoon cup. The wife doesn't drink coffee so it's a simple matter for me to use canned loose ground. I recently found this single cup Hamilton Beach maker that I really like.

(I'm sorry but I still can't find an option to turn the pictures on this forum which is another good reason to update it.)

funny,
I look at those pics on tapatalk, and they are correct.

But on a PC they are sideways.... :confused:

anyway,
Coffee, we have a Kuerig machine but I found nearly all the cups are pretty lame/weak.

We usually buy DD or mcdonalds cups... then I add a heaping tablespoon of Folgers instant on top.

That seems to do the trick in the AM. before work.

we have a variety of flavors in case company comes.... folks seem to like the swiss miss chocolate and mcdonald's make a coffee/chocolate cup which is kinda ok.

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
I only had 4 years in the Navy, but I start my day with 2~3 cups of "stout" joe and cream. I have a Keurig but prefer a mr coffee for volume. Right now I'm a big fan of W-marts "great value" French Roast.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
OK, so I finally went over to the "dark side" and bought a Keurig. I am only allotted a small amount of kitchen counter space so I had to do some searching to find this jewel.
IMG_8736.JPG

It's a K-Mini-Max that is only 4 1/2" wide, 11 1/2" deep, and 12" high.
IMG_8737.JPG

It fits nicely in my allotted space.
IMG_8738.JPG

And will accommodate my full size travel mug.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the freshness. Even though I normally bought the 11.5oz size can, it had lost it's fresh smell by the time the can was empty.
IMG_8756.JPG

I am using the exact same brand and roast and the difference is very noticeable.

The cost is about double so my coffee expenses will increase from $10 to $20 per month.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I tried some Black Rifle Coffee, now Im use to drinking most anything that comes out of the pot. so this stuff was a pretty good treat

pgwisn

Equipment
BX22
Dec 6, 2020
East Coast USA
Every few days I make a 2 quart cold brew overnight in the fridge. Enough each time to last me a few days with a cup a day in the morning. Unlike the sailors here (I have heard they'd keel-haul you if you ever cleaned out a coffee pot on most ships) I drink a pretty mild cup of Joe. Usually DD original or another light to medium roast.

Years ago when I was doing tree work full time in the dead of winter when it was freezing cold, windy, nasty out the guys would sometimes want to run for a hot Cuppa Joe mid-morning if we were near enough to a store or gas station.

Head groundsman would yell up to me, "Okay to go grab a Cuppa Joe?"
If we were on schedule I'd usually say, "Sure, and grab me my usual".
He'd respond, "You mean your Cuppa Josephine?"

Yes, as it would tear up my stomach if I had more than a cup of coffee per day they'd grab me a milk flavored with a little coffee, or a "Cuppa Josephine", as they'd say...

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Love the smell of coffee, especially when the wife brews some of that flavored foofoo stuff, but I can't drink it.
I have a violent allergic reaction within 5 mins.
Had allergy testing done that confirms it.

Bisleybob

Equipment
B7500
Aug 15, 2020
Harding Pennsylvania
Feel sorry for you, Lil Foot, I am and always was addicted to coffee. Quit smoking about 20 years back, and still miss it with my morning cup! K-cup revv flavor of choice.