Clicking/Popping sound

howald

Equipment
B7001
Apr 2, 2009
Fruitvale, BC, Canada
On my B7001 I hear a clicking (or popping) sound near the right front.

As far as I can tell it is either underneath or at the front tire.

It seems to be louder at higher speeds. It didn't seem to change if I was in 4 wheel drive or not.

I didnt' even hear it until my wife told me after I drove past her.

Any ideas what this could be??
Let me know where you think I should start looking.

Thanks,
Nick

Currently running: B7001 with loader and box blade

howald

Equipment
B7001
Apr 2, 2009
Fruitvale, BC, Canada
Thanks,

I'll post some pics.

I'm having trouble getting the bolt off the gear case (so I can remove the king pin)

This is a bit beyond what I have done before so forgive me if I'm using the wrong terminology.

I'll get some better penetrating oil and a new torch on my way home from work today and try it again.

-Nick

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
If you have it jacked up with weight off the front wheel, what happens if you turn it by hand?

howald

Equipment
B7001
Apr 2, 2009
Fruitvale, BC, Canada
It still clicks.

I'm having a hell of a time getting that bolt out :p

Trying to get someone with an acetylene torch to heat it up for me. If I can't I guess I'll have to cut it and retap the hole after I'm done working on it.

Even with all the rain we've been having, I still don't have enough time to work on my tractor!!

-Nick

howald

Equipment
B7001
Apr 2, 2009
Fruitvale, BC, Canada
So I put the whole tractor up on blocks last night (I should have done this first but was not thinking straight).

I couldn't hear the noise anymore. I'm thinking of putting the wheel, etc back together and seeing if I can isolate the noise. Maybe something my first diagnosis was incorrect.

I'm worried I might have ruined some of the gaskets so I may have to take it apart anyway.

Still can't get that stuck bolt out ;-)

-Nick

howald

Equipment
B7001
Apr 2, 2009
Fruitvale, BC, Canada
I'm having a bit of trouble getting the outer cover back on the outer drive housing.

Whenever I tighten the bolts on it, I can no longer turn the wheel axle by hand.

I have no problem up until I tighten any one (or all) of the bolts. I was careful to mount the outer cover so that it was tighten equally from all sides.

Any advice?