Cetane Boost, how much is too much?

dfixit1

Equipment
L4240HSTC-3
May 17, 2019
United States
Question
I added Diesel Service white bottle anti gel 4 ounces for 13 gallon capacity.

I have had two different people wonder if I had a dirty sticky injector when cold.

So I bought Diesel Service Kleen injector cleaner but I noticed they both contain Cetane Boost.

I thought I read somewhere that you need to be careful on the amount of Cetane boost you add.

Would it be harmful to add this with the anti gel with Cetane boost already in the fuel?
Thanks

Edit, from their website.
year-round-above-30f year-round-dk
Every time you fill up
If temperatures are above 30°F., add Diesel Kleen +Cetane Boost (silver bottle) to clean injectors, boost power, lubricate pumps and injectors and restore lost power and fuel economy.
year-round-below-30f year-round-dfs If temperatures are below 30°F., add Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost (white bottle) for winter operability. It prevents fuel gelling and protects against fuel-filter icing.

So can you add both in the winter?

Interesting read but still no answer.
http://www.trucktrend.com/how-to/ex...sel-fuels-biggest-unknown-affects-your-truck/

Last edited:

JG4660

Apr 22, 2019
Buffalo
I think you'll be fine. I just did the same thing. I had about 3/4 tank treated with power service silver and just added 1 1/2 ounces of Power Service white and topped off the tank.Below is from the power service website-

CAN I USE DIESEL FUEL SUPPLEMENT +CETANE BOOST AND DIESEL KLEEN +CETANE BOOST AT THE SAME TIME?
Yes, we have many customers that do not want to lose the performance improvements provided by Diesel Kleen +Cetane Boost when the weather gets cold. The products are compatible and can be used together. Each product should be added to the fuel based on the instructions on the container. Treating with less product than stated in the instructions could result in less than acceptable performance.

JG

Last edited: