carburetor

Pumer

Equipment
ZG337
May 8, 2024
Tennessee
Any suggestions on a replacement carburetor for a ZG327? The one on it now is a Nikki part number on it is EG37144023. Local dealership has one but cost is $700. Hoping to find a less expensive one.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
That's probably the KUBOTA part number, what's ON the actual Nikki carb ?
Pictures would help !
Curious what's wrong with the carb , as there are repair/rebuild kits for them $30-$40.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Most times a carburetor can be repaired by a simple soaking in carburetor cleaner to clean out the small chambers. Take it apart, remove all the rubber parts, and soak it in commercial carburetor cleaner. My local NAPA sells a gallon can with a basket in it for soaking.

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Pictures would help !
Curious what's wrong with the carb , as there are repair/rebuild kits for them $30-$40.
Good advice. I had a Honda-engined pressure-washer that needed a new carb. Honda wanted $$$ for it….and a Chinese-copy (found online by using the number cast upon the carb itself)…. was a PERFECT FIT REPLACEMENT ….for $18 including shipping.

Three years later now…still running perfectly.

Pumer

Equipment
ZG337
May 8, 2024
Tennessee
Pictures would help !
Pictures would help !

See attached picture. The choke linkage is broken so no way to control the choke.
Pictures would help !
The choke linkage is broken off the side of it. Can’t control the choke.
Pictures would help !

Pumer

Equipment
ZG337
May 8, 2024
Tennessee
Pictures would help !
the choke linkage is broken off at the carburetor. So I can’t control the choke and this is effecting how the mower runs.

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
So is this unit really from 1997 ?
Would really need to see better overall pictures of the carb. I can't see the broken choke area.
Nikki probably made 100-120 of that style,so once you know the HP and bore sizes, it'll narrow down the search to an economical replacement, Heck you might just need the 'main body'.or fix the 'choke linkage'...
For sure I'd be doing a lot of 'surfing' before I shell out $700 for a $40 carb !

Similar to GeoHorn, I replaced the carb on a Honda 9HP engine with a $20 Chinese clone 15 years ago. Motar mixer is still running fine.

hmm... looked at specs, 26HP, carb looks like what's on a B&S.

Last edited:

Pumer

Equipment
ZG337
May 8, 2024
Tennessee
he said choke is 'busted' but no pix as to HOW it's 'busted'.........

similar shaped units....need more specs to know if they'd fit of course...
Allow me to clarify. The choke linkage on the outside of the carburetor, that I assume is somehow connected the choke butterflies inside is broken off. So I am able to open or close the choke because there is nothing to connect to. I am thinking because of this, the choke butterflies are moving around inside the carburetor which every time I hit a bump or go up hill they are partial closing causing the engine to loose power/boog down and emit black smoke. If my thinking is incorrect, let me know.