Canadian Insurance for B2620

kakabeka

Jun 26, 2010
Kakabeka Falls, ON
I'm trying to buy a B2620 and need insurance, my current insurance company will cover just about every make but Kubota, even though it's for personal use. Can anyone help me with the name of an insurance company that will cover me.

Kakabeka

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I have never seen an insurance company not cover a Kubota! Did they give a reason? Unless you're trying to insure it against the paint fading! :D
Ed

kakabeka

Jun 26, 2010
Kakabeka Falls, ON
That's the rub, no explanation, local broker took it to the top. Says that they don't insure tractors over 25hp, B2620 is 19 PTO so that's ok, but they don't insure Kubotas.

Kakabeka

kakabeka

Jun 26, 2010
Kakabeka Falls, ON
Kubota in Canada doesn't seem to offer the insurance service. If I was registered as a farm I wouldn't have this problem. Apparently only farmers have tractors.

Kakabeka

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
The tractor should qualify as personal property, as with any number of named items that can be added to your basic house insurance. It is covered under the sections of the policy on 'house and contents' or under 'outbuildings and contents"
I don't see any reason why you would need a separate policy.
As for coverage, try "The Co-operators" through the Credit Union movement, or Canada Direct Insurance.

kakabeka

Jun 26, 2010
Kakabeka Falls, ON
I tried the personal property thing with a couple of agents. They ALL say that they insure tractors less than 25HP but NOT Kubotas. As soon as you mention Kubota they tell you that they don't insure them.

I have a past with Cooperators but if I have no choice... unless I buy some other tractor...

Kakabeka

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Why would you really need insurance on the tractor anyway if its for personal use and not in a business? Maybe Kubota's are just that damn good and do not need insurance for them!

kakabeka

Jun 26, 2010
Kakabeka Falls, ON
Thanks Everyone
Persistence paid off and I found an insurance company that would give me FULL coverage for $145 per year.

The new B2620 was delivered yesterday. Mowing the lawn took less than 3 hours compared to 7 on the JD L120.

We're having lots of FUN

kakabeka

Eddie Jr.

Equipment
B3200 HSD
Mar 27, 2011
Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada EH!
I had my Bota added to me house policy, I believe the company was Grenville Mutual. There was a 25hp limit but my agent added and endorsement for the extra "power"?? B3200. It also covers the mower, FEL, and rear blades. I want to say the price sounds exactly the same 12$/mos.
I am in Eastern Ontario, downtown farm country.
M.