Camera for 3PT work

John3341

Equipment
LX2610
Jun 21, 2023
Maine
Anyone using a camera/screen for 3PT work?

I spent hours today using my box blade in a very tight, un-level area which required a considerable amount of time turned around in the seat.

The entire time I was thinking how much easier this would be if I had a screen that allowed me to see what was going on behind me. I have seen multiple videos of people using systems with magnets plugged into the 12V port but I am not sure what the quality is actually like.

I wanted to reach out and see if anyone has a setup they like and could recommend. This would be for a LX2610 ROPS.

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
I have one mounted up high on my BX cab I use when plowing snow. Can sneak right up to the garage doors without twisting around in my seat. Green reference line aligns with blade when angled straight. I would want some sort of solid mount for the camera, otherwise your reference lines will be constantly moving. Kinda like if a scope reticle floated around, no repeatability. HTH
2019-1-12(2).jpg

CAPT Seabee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L5460
Dec 28, 2022
Bonners Ferry ID
I use back up cameras primarily for grabbing implements on the quick hitch and loader. Since they are solar powered, intermittent use through a 5 inch screen would likely be limiting. My setup is:

https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/threads/cameras.62648/post-625972

For you, a larger monitor and wired power to the camera will be necessary. I'd check into a USB powered monitor with HDMI input. I'd use one like this, but with a mounting solution that would work for you.

A direct HDMI camera, and you'd be good to go, Even so, you'll get some distortion as you want to see what's going on at the implement while looking further away to plan your turn. That's a lot of "in focus" focal length. Good luck.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
After reading this thread, looked at my 5th wheel rear camera to see if this would work. Pretty sure it will but the camera needs power. Not fond of tapping into wiring. The RV rear camera setups aren’t that expensive depending on model.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I recently put a camera on my tree shear. The monitor (7") is on my tractor dash, held by suction cup. The monitor gets power from the same plug I use for the battery maintainer.

The camera is mounted on the frame above the shear held on by a neodymium magnet. I used a battery mounted in a plastic box and clamped to the frame near the camera. Also have leads coming off of the battery going to the camera and another pair so I can plug it in to the battery maintainer to charge.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3842051073...D%3D|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2047675&epid=1289298550