Cab in Canada

nick2010tundra

Equipment
BX25
Jul 18, 2015
Saint John, NB
hey everyone I have a 2011 bx25 with rear mount snow blower, Whats some good options for a cheap cab that ships or is made in Canada. Anyone sell plans by chance or some options would be great. I blew a foot of snow last night and I'm getting tired of getting covered in snow. thanks guys
Ps if anyone in NB wants to sell a cab let me know

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
I,m from Ontario, Canada, and I bought a soft sided cab, that fit perfect, and got the optional hard windshield, and electric wiper, from my local Kubota dealer, much cheaper than trying to bring it in from the states myself. I think mine was made by " The Original Cab Company ".
Had it for 4 years now, and although it isn,t heated, it does work great, and has held up very well. Acts like a greenhouse, and works well at keeping blowing snow off of you.
I could of also bought the optional heater, but I didn,t bother.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
hey everyone I have a 2011 bx25 with rear mount snow blower, Whats some good options for a cheap cab that ships or is made in Canada. Anyone sell plans by chance or some options would be great. I blew a foot of snow last night and I'm getting tired of getting covered in snow. thanks guys
You can have a good cab. You can have a cheap cab. You can have a cab made in Canada. Pick any 2.

You asked for plans, what are your fabrication skills?

tcrote made a really nice cab for his BX1860 and http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16065. Unfortunately his photobucket photos seem to have vanished (again). Hey Tom, how about hosting them elsewhere?

The pictures are all there in this really professional L-series cab build.

Another really professional looking L-series cab by chim

A lot of checkerplate went into this one.

And last but not least (in my mind anyway) is my own humble effort.

None of these are actual plans per-se, but the photos make for a nice guide to the design principles.

Humblebub

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX 2370 with MMW, FEL and snow blower

Check out Brad Gray welding, just north of Bathurst. Builds custom cabs. He built mine for my 2370. Guy is an artist. Pm me for his email if you are interested.

vic gerbasi

Equipment
M110 L3300
Feb 19, 2016
dugald mb canada
there is a company in Morden Mb that makes cabs and as well supplies tractor companies with custom made units.
I friend bought one near me and is very happy I believe the name of company is Jodale again in Morden Mb.

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
You can have a good cab. You can have a cheap cab. You can have a cab made in Canada. Pick any 2.

You asked for plans, what are your fabrication skills?

tcrote made a really nice cab for his BX1860 and http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16065. Unfortunately his photobucket photos seem to have vanished (again). Hey Tom, how about hosting them elsewhere?
Sorry! I know, Photobucket screwed me (again). I just setup a new account on Imgur, I'll get it fixed.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I think there was a post within the last 2 years of a great homebuilt cab, possibly a BX25.. I figured I could 'copy' for my BX23s..then 'other' things took priority... I know there were LOTS of pictures, good details, etc.wished I'd kept a 'link' to it....

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I think there was a post within the last 2 years of a great homebuilt cab, possibly a BX25.. I figured I could 'copy' for my BX23s..then 'other' things took priority... I know there were LOTS of pictures, good details, etc.wished I'd kept a 'link' to it....
Wrong model, but some of the info may be useful:

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Not a backhoe model but, I'll toot my own horn. Maybe some day this will make the 'fabrication stickies' page😉
Other options I've seen are a plexiglass or lexan shield off the ROPS. Something like the old stand up pay phone booth. Won't protect you from all the elements but will keep the snow from blowing directly on you. HTH

Last edited:

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Here's what I made for my B2650:

A neighbor just bought a new BX model and I might try and help make a light weight removeable cab for her BX while using the same methods.

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
There’s a show on CBC television called ‘Land and Sea’. (Available online) A kid in Nfld built his own cab for his tractor (a Kioti I believe) At any rate it was an inspiring show and could give you some ideas! I believe the shows title was ‘A boy and his tractor’

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'd prototype one in wood as it's easier to cut,assemble and 'oopsy, try again', bad news is wood is more Canucks than steel these dayze......

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
I just put on an Original Cab Company cab on my tractor. I was in the tractor yesterday and it was in the teens (14 F here in Alaska)
20201005_115412.jpg
20200323_184301.jpg
20201005_115421.jpg
and it was toasty. Got my cab for $1400 and it included the glass front window, winshield washer, and electric cab heater. I'm pretty impressed. Last year was open cab snowblowing. This year will be warm in a cab.

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
I,m from Ontario, Canada, and I bought a soft sided cab, that fit perfect, and got the optional hard windshield, and electric wiper, from my local Kubota dealer, much cheaper than trying to bring it in from the states myself. I think mine was made by " The Original Cab Company ".
Had it for 4 years now, and although it isn,t heated, it does work great, and has held up very well. Acts like a greenhouse, and works well at keeping blowing snow off of you.
I could of also bought the optional heater, but I didn,t bother.
Now they throw in the heater if you buy a cab. Go figure. My challenge was where to mount the heater. Not alot of room in the cab.

jnschnit

Equipment
B2601, BH70 BH, LA435 FL, RCK60-32 MMM, BX2763 Blade, ZD1011
May 10, 2013
newark valley new york
I have a cab from Original Cab Company on my B2620 for about 8 years now. Love it, no heater and found that I really didn't need one either. Works great. That cab was ordered thru the dealer from Orange aftermarket. I am trading that tractor in for a B2601, so yesterday I ordered a new cab for the B2601 directly from Original cab. I found a 5% coupon on the internet so that saved me $50 plus they had a deal with a free electric heater and free shipping. Total was $1040.00

PS: Arrived via UPS three days after ordering, Now waiting on my new tractor.

Last edited: