BXpanded Armor Plate Install Update for newer 2380’s

Phishfindr

Equipment
BX2380
Feb 8, 2024
New England
I just installed the armor plate after speaking with BXpanded. Apparently newer models (mine is brand new) have a slightly different factory guard under the HST fan that needs to be removed before installing the plate. I attempted to install it with the factory guard and it wouldn’t fit. Once I removed the guard (it has 4 bolts) the plate went on with ease. Just FYI in case you’re having issues installing it.

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
hmm, so you have to reinstall the factory fan guard every time you remove the BX armor ?
I wondered about that, too.
I also wondered why there's so much rust under a "Brand New" fan shroud.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Unless I am mistaken, it looks to like you will have to remove the BXpanded plate to change the fuel filter. Otherwise, that plate looks like very good protection for the HST fan.

Phishfindr

Equipment
BX2380
Feb 8, 2024
New England
Unless I am mistaken, it looks to like you will have to remove the BXpanded plate to change the fuel filter. Otherwise, that plate looks like very good protection for the HST fan.
The plate raises and lowers with the MMM mount. It is very easy to remove and reinstall.

Phishfindr

Equipment
BX2380
Feb 8, 2024
New England
I wondered about that, too.
I also wondered why there's so much rust under a "Brand New" fan shroud.
It’s surface rust from moisture as best I can tell. The tractor was delivered 2 weeks ago with an hour on it. I wasn’t thrilled to see that either.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I just installed the armor plate after speaking with BXpanded. Apparently newer models (mine is brand new) have a slightly different factory guard under the HST fan that needs to be removed before installing the plate. I attempted to install it with the factory guard and it wouldn’t fit. Once I removed the guard (it has 4 bolts) the plate went on with ease. Just FYI in case you’re having issues installing it.
Thank for the 'heads up' information.

You didn't have to come back and inform us, but you did! Just for the sake of helping the orange community here.

Thank you!

Stick around.