BX2822 Hydraulic Chute Deflector Option

BJP08

Equipment
B2601
Jan 21, 2020
Fond du Lac, WI
Hey guys,
I just picked up a BX2822 snowblower for my BX2380 and I am wondering if anyone has added the hydraulic chute deflector option to their unit? Specifically I’m looking for options besides buying the kit from Kubota as they want 1000 bucks for a piston and two hoses, seems crazy to me. I have the third function valve on my BX so I’d like the option to change the deflector angle, but at the high price it’s probably not worth it. I see aftermarket kits out there for an actuator kit, but I’d prefer to do hydraulic.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Most use the third function for the hydraulic chute rotation and then use a electric actuator for the chute deflector. \

If you want to use hydraulics for that just get a hydraulic cylinder from a local farm store or Surplus Center.

Saltyog

Equipment
Bx23s w/ loader, backhoe, 55” blower and cab
Nov 1, 2020
MN
Hey guys,
I just picked up a BX2822 snowblower for my BX2380 and I am wondering if anyone has added the hydraulic chute deflector option to their unit? Specifically I’m looking for options besides buying the kit from Kubota as they want 1000 bucks for a piston and two hoses, seems crazy to me. I have the third function valve on my BX so I’d like the option to change the deflector angle, but at the high price it’s probably not worth it. I see aftermarket kits out there for an actuator kit, but I’d prefer to do hydraulic.
Did you ever figure out a hydraulic solution? I am in the same boat now. Added a landpride 3rd function to my BX23S and want to add the hydraulic chute deflector to my BX2822a blower. Dealer price is crazy expensive. I assume you just mount the piston and hose bracket and are good to go? Dealer mentioned a diverter but I didn’t think it was nessecary with the LP 3rd function (tractor newbie here so take that with a grain of salt).

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Did you ever figure out a hydraulic solution? I am in the same boat now. Added a landpride 3rd function to my BX23S and want to add the hydraulic chute deflector to my BX2822a blower. Dealer price is crazy expensive. I assume you just mount the piston and hose bracket and are good to go? Dealer mentioned a diverter but I didn’t think it was nessecary with the LP 3rd function (tractor newbie here so take that with a grain of salt).
How do you rotate your chute now?

If you are already using the 3rd function to do that then you need a diverter valve. The diverter is like an A-B switch.
You can have an electric diverter or a manual one. The cost is about the same.

Recently another forum member posted photos of his path to a deflector using wood brackets to build a pattern.

Try searching for his post.

A 1" hydraulic cylinder will easily do the task.

Dave

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
How do you rotate your chute now?

If you are already using the 3rd function to do that then you need a diverter valve. The diverter is like an A-B switch.
You can have an electric diverter or a manual one. The cost is about the same.

Recently another forum member posted photos of his path to a deflector using wood brackets to build a pattern.

Try searching for his post.

A 1" hydraulic cylinder will easily do the task.

Dave
You may be referring to my hydraulic deflection project on this post.

If so, I am using my third function to control the deflection of the chute, and the rotation is taken care of by the loader control for curl and dump function. Raising the blower is taken care of by the raise and lower function for the FEL.
I believe you only need a diverter valve if you do not have a third function installed. My third function is an original Kubota installed by the dealer, but any third function would work for deflection of the chute. I hope I am correct with all this, as I have yet to make the final hydraulic connections as I still need hoses and fittings to complete my project.

Saltyog

Equipment
Nov 1, 2020
MN
You may be referring to my hydraulic deflection project on this post.

If so, I am using my third function to control the deflection of the chute, and the rotation is taken care of by the loader control for curl and dump function. Raising the blower is taken care of by the raise and lower function for the FEL.
I believe you only need a diverter valve if you do not have a third function installed. My third function is an original Kubota installed by the dealer, but any third function would work for deflection of the chute. I hope I am correct with all this, as I have yet to make the final hydraulic connections as I still need hoses and fittings to complete my project.
This is exactly what I am trying to do. My rotation is currently loader control and the blower lift is FEL. I had the dealer install a Land pride 3rd function (currently not being used for anything) when I bought my machine and thought I would use that for the chute deflection. Did not realize the cost of the deflection kit when I added the 3rd function. When I called the dealer about installing a deflection kit they told me I needed a diverter but maybe they were confused?

It seems like all I needed was the BX2821A kit which I assume is a piston, hoses, brackets and hardware. List price on that was $1048 which seems expensive (maybe there is something I am missing). Is there a way to do this cheaper without fabrication?

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
This is exactly what I am trying to do. My rotation is currently loader control and the blower lift is FEL. I had the dealer install a Land pride 3rd function (currently not being used for anything) when I bought my machine and thought I would use that for the chute deflection. Did not realize the cost of the deflection kit when I added the 3rd function. When I called the dealer about installing a deflection kit they told me I needed a diverter but maybe they were confused?

It seems like all I needed was the BX2821A kit which I assume is a piston, hoses, brackets and hardware. List price on that was $1048 which seems expensive (maybe there is something I am missing). Is there a way to do this cheaper without fabrication?

I too was given a price of around $1000.00 for the deflection kit, but I was under the impression that this kit includes a diverter valve. By the time I am finished with my project, I will most likely be around $250-$300. My time to fabricate= pricelesss, as I like these types of challenges. As to your question, cheaper without fabrication, probably not. Especially if you use OEM parts. I promised myself when I bought my tractor to use only OEM, but quickly learned that it drains my bank account very quickly. So while I will still use OEM for filters and fluids, whenever I can save a buck by building or finding a cheaper alternative, I will.

Reactions: 1 user

Saltyog

Equipment
Nov 1, 2020
MN
I too was given a price of around $1000.00 for the deflection kit, but I was under the impression that this kit includes a diverter valve. By the time I am finished with my project, I will most likely be around $250-$300. My time to fabricate= pricelesss, as I like these types of challenges. As to your question, cheaper without fabrication, probably not. Especially if you use OEM parts. I promised myself when I bought my tractor to use only OEM, but quickly learned that it drains my bank account very quickly. So while I will still use OEM for filters and fluids, whenever I can save a buck by building or finding a cheaper alternative, I will.
same here....the tractor drained my account enough already. Keep us updated on the fabrication project!

BJP08

Equipment
B2601
Jan 21, 2020
Fond du Lac, WI
I did not end up doing anything. I actually traded my BX in with everything and upgraded to a B2601, ordered the snowblower with all hydraulics.

BJP08

Equipment
B2601
Jan 21, 2020
Fond du Lac, WI
So I ended up going a B2601 with a third function valve and I ordered a new BX2822 with hydraulic rotation and chute deflection. When my tractor arrived a month ago, the dealer didn’t have the hydraulic deflector installed as they missed this when ordering the tractor. Today they came to install it and the installation is much different than I expected. I thought it would be a hydraulic piston with 2 hoses that would connect to my third function valve, but they installed another diver and another switch on the FEL control. Is this correct? I don’t want it like this, I wanted it to be controlled thru the third function control.

Attachments

Saltyog

Equipment
Nov 1, 2020
MN
It should tie into the third function control unless it is the electric diverter. I haven't upgraded mine yet.

davidmem

Equipment
Soon to be owner of Kubota B2601 Toro TimeCutter Model 7577
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
So I ended up going a B2601 with a third function valve and I ordered a new BX2822 with hydraulic rotation and chute deflection. When my tractor arrived a month ago, the dealer didn’t have the hydraulic deflector installed as they missed this when ordering the tractor. Today they came to install it and the installation is much different than I expected. I thought it would be a hydraulic piston with 2 hoses that would connect to my third function valve, but they installed another diver and another switch on the FEL control. Is this correct? I don’t want it like this, I wanted it to be controlled thru the third function control.
I'm researching this.... And yes it does not look to me that you can use this function with the HYDRUALIC chute deflector. Trying to learn myself.

BJP08

Equipment
B2601
Jan 21, 2020
Fond du Lac, WI
I'm researching this.... And yes it does not look to me that you can use this function with the HYDRUALIC chute deflector. Trying to learn myself.
I called the dealership after this and they came back and removed the extra diverter, hoses and second control switch and ran two hoses from the hydraulic piston directly to the third function valve. Its much cleaner looking only having the two hoses and works great with the third function control.

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
I
I called the dealership after this and they came back and removed the extra diverter, hoses and second control switch and ran two hoses from the hydraulic piston directly to the third function valve. Its much cleaner looking only having the two hoses and works great with the third function control.
Would love to see some pictures of your setup. The more the better. Problem is you paid for a bunch of parts you did not need.

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
THESE ARE AWESOME PICS. I really appreciate this!!!!!!!

I apologize for pointing out the extra parts you may have paid for....it's just my gripe about the hydraulic snowblower deflector kit setup.

I have to spend $1079 for the hydraulic chute DIVERTER, AND $1000 for the third function.

Somewhere, someone was telling me to just hook up the hydraulic actuator myself for like $200. Can't remember on which thread someone said this to me.

Like super nice of you to post these!!!!

Last edited:

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
Those pictures were PERFECT. Now I get to show my dealer how I want it configured.

:)

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT