BX2670 dash gauges out.

Owenby

Equipment
BX 2670
Mar 5, 2022
Cleveland TN
Cranks right up. No tach, fuel, hour meter, etc. Blinkers flash on dash when turned on. All fuse in box right side below battery good. Help

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
has it been in the weather? Rained on?

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
Yes, the dash was covered. I have pulled cannon plugs and used contact cleaner.
"Cranks right up. No tach, fuel, hour meter, etc. Blinkers flash on dash when turned on. All fuse in box right side below battery good. "

Owenby - I have a similar issue with my BX2660 (No tach, fuel, hour meter, etc. ) in my situation, the headlights and lift pump also don't work (blinkers do)

I'm following this - please let us know if you figure it out

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Yes, the dash was covered. I have pulled cannon plugs and used contact cleaner.
My guess. the moisture has penetrated the multi port connection ..... ( the large plastic connector with a dozen or more wires)

OR somehow the grounded point has oxidized .......

either way - it is a beeauch to pull everything back to get to the nooks and crannies.

this "MAY" help ......

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I would think an application of dielectric grease to the connector would help keep water out of the connector, in addition to resealing the glass with some silicone.
I also wonder if the circuit board has conformal coating on it to protect it from moisture. I would expect it to be so protected.
I would think a piece of equipment that one would expect to be left out in the weather at some time would waterproofed better that that dash module is.

Last edited:

Owenby

Equipment
BX 2670
Mar 5, 2022
Cleveland TN
I agree. Watched the you tube with guy taking the circuit board out. I did and sprayed with electric cleaner let set for a few hours to dry. No luck. One post on here the guy went thru 2 boards. I can do without, only use on my property for projects. Have 2 more things to check when it stops raining. These boards are $300.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Search for
Automotive dash cluster repair service
You will find vendors that can repair similar display and could call them to see if they would provide a quote to repair your dash part

I used one (in Oklahoma?) to repair the dash cluster of my Nissan Frontier and was about 100 bucks if I recall correctly

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
I would think an application of dielectric grease to the connector would help keep water out of the connector, in addition to resealing the glass with some silicone.
I also wonder if the circuit board has conformal coating on it to protect it from moisture. I would expect it to be so protected.
I would think a piece of equipment that one would expect to be left out in the weather at some time would waterproofed better that that dash module is.
Agree with dielectric grease & silicone.

Wouldn't recommend conformal coatings to novice user. Worked for an outdoor electronic sign manufacturer. One day a sales rep asked if he could take a can of coating home (no explanation of what he was going to do) Well he got under the dash of his V8 powered jet boat and sprayed the rear of all his gauges. The coating worked, insulated every connection - no gauges worked. He had to remove each wire and clean every connection.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Agree with dielectric grease & silicone.

Wouldn't recommend conformal coatings to novice user. Worked for an outdoor electronic sign manufacturer. One day a sales rep asked if he could take a can of coating home (no explanation of what he was going to do) Well he got under the dash of his V8 powered jet boat and sprayed the rear of all his gauges. The coating worked, insulated every connection - no gauges worked. He had to remove each wire and clean every connection.
The conformal coating should have been applied at the factory that assembled them. Kubota probably didn't spec it because it would add a few cents to the price, and it would reduce the number of replacement boards they would sell.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
If I remember correctly I had my instrument cluster replaced for no charge by Kubota. I was 3 months out of warranty, but its a known issue, therefore the dealership was able to get Kubota to goodwill the repairs. Kubota had to realized they made a major mistake by not making an instrument cluster weatherproof. Yes my tractor sat outside in the weather(rain and snow). Also if you remove the cluster you might try the rice(uncooked) trick which is placing cluster in a zip lock bag with rice in the bottom. The rice acts as a desiccant and absorbs the water(do not recommend eating the rice). I believe the new cluster is an updated version the is more weather resistance.