BX2660 fuel filter locations

darkman

Equipment
BX2660
May 17, 2016
Port Colborne
I just bought a 2009 BX2660 tractor. I need to know where is the location of the second fuel filter. I replaced the one by the fuel pump. Cant find the other one.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
The other filter is right under your Left foot when setting in the seat. You must go beneath the tractor to change it. Make sure and pinch off the fuel hose to the rear of the filter before removing or you will get a bath.
After changing the filter, turn the key to the "RUN" position for 20 to 30 seconds to let the electric lift pump bleed the system. Then just fire it up and go play.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
darkman -

You can find a very good Workshop Manual (WSM) for your tractor here:

http://www.kubotabooks.com/

It will answer many questions as you get to know your tractor.

I got mine there!!

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Once or twice after you have gone through all the grief with that rear filter, especially when it plugs up early on, take a look at this video. Skip through a lot of the extra stuff (a one hour video) and get the bulk info near to the end . In a week or so I, will post a photo or two where I do the same thing here, with a little different support. The filter he uses is no longer available, but the replacement looks the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcQUgl8rNIg

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Here is my filter replacement as attached to frame on left side. One of the original bolts was used (lowest). I drilled and tapped the frame for a hold -down "finger". Hoses not yet attached, but temporary covers for in and out pipes are here to keep dirt out. Had a little problem getting the vent plug to stop leaking with my home made copper washer. Found that my supply of rubber "O" rings came in handy with just the right size.

Attachments

Last edited: