Bx25

Snl1960

Jun 23, 2016
Lebanon ky
I am in the process of changing the pump fan, I have removed floor pan,loosened rear fenders, my question is , do handles unscrew or need to be removed un-bolted?ie grass height adjustment,lift speed, side handles. I hate to add too much pressure and break them and have to replace new. Also have removed ROPS and seat

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Heat them up with hair dryer or similar and most pull right off. Heat again to reinstall.

Have you searched U tube and elsewhere. One guy cuts the fan in half and has added two clips to be bolted on and you don't nneed to tear apart things so bad. I seem to recall he posed his photos on one of the sites here.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Here is the link for cutting fan in half. I searched for BX 24 fan replacement

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24153&highlight=replacement

Also there is a link to the Canadian who went about what you are planning and has a U tube video.

Once you brig up his various videos this one on the emplacement will be found, ut he has a habit of putting a lot of extra stuff on the video in addition to the meat of the article.

Here ismh8is video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX5EncUkSQo&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

GlueGuy

Equipment
2018 BX23S, 3PH, Back Blade, Rake, 18ft Trailer
Apr 4, 2011
Newport, North Carolina
I can check in on my 2 piece fan as mentioned above. It's been 3 months since I completed it and everything is working fine!

jcy110

Equipment
BX22 with LA210 loader and BT600 hoe
Aug 22, 2015
Whitehouse Station, NJ
Kubota should have put a splined slip joint in that shaft with a bolt that locks it in the extended position. Take the bolt out and shrink the shaft 1 to 1.5". Instead they make a 10 hr job for a 15.00 fan, so to have the dealer put the 15.00 fan in it will only cost you 600-900.00.............................