BX25 Transmission Strainer

anniebananie

Equipment
BX 25
Oct 10, 2009
Lunenburg, MA
New to the forum. Just had my new BX25 delivered on Tuesday. Have read the entire operator's manual and have a question. The service interval chart shows that the transmission strainer must be cleaned at 50 hours, but the SUDT should be changed at 200 hours. Will the fluid leak out the strainer port when the strainer is removed? It seems that it would. What is a solution - thumb over the port!

Really am enjoying the tractor.

Anniebananie

jb62901

Sep 8, 2009
Cassopolis, Mi. SW Corner Mi.
Got My BX2360 new 3/09 at 50 hrs changed the trans oil, filter and cleaned the screen. To date have 170 hrs and will do it again at 200 hrs. I couldn't help but think there had to be things floating around in it at 50 hrs. Thats my take on it.... John

uncle jed

Equipment
1990 f2100
Oct 25, 2009
hillsboro,tx. 76645
Hello Annie and JB. Jhe purpose of the 50 hour screen cleaning is basically the same as the changing of the 500 mile break in oil in an automobile. What it does is trap and remove the particles and residue from all the machining procedures from when the unit was assembled.

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
New to the forum. Will the fluid leak out the strainer port when the strainer is removed? It seems that it would. What is a solution - thumb over the port!

Really am enjoying the tractor.

Anniebananie
I think he was wondering more about the issue of will and how to stop it from running out, not s much why it's to be changed :confused:

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey Annie welcome to the forum. Yup I'm thinkin it's gonna spew everywhere. Check to see how much it holds, put a clean pan under it that is big enough and Giver!!

anniebananie

Equipment
BX 25
Oct 10, 2009
Lunenburg, MA
Thanks for the quick reply,Vic. I will probably use new SUDT as I do not want to contaminate a new machine. The peace of mind is worth the $50 to me. I wonder how the dealerships are handling this?

For those wondering about the name "anniebananie", we are ardent GEOCACHERS and "anniebananie" is our geo-name. It is a great sport using a GPS and hunting for geo-treasures throughout the world. The url is www.geocaching.com.

Picture is attached.

Mike & Anne

Attachments

uncle jed

Equipment
1990 f2100
Oct 25, 2009
hillsboro,tx. 76645
Hello. Annie. That is one fine looking machine you have there, Hopefully I can eventually get my old f2100 back to looking half that good. By the way a belated welcome to the forum. Sometimes I forget my manners. uncle jed