BX25, forks and thumb

rob82

Equipment
2012 BX25
Jan 18, 2013
Monroe,NJ
Thinking about a thumb for my bx25. Has anybody installed a bolt on one? Dont want to weld on. Called the dealer they told me Kubota doesnt make one for bx25.

Also has anybody put forks on the front bucket? If so what did you use?
Thanks for any help. Rob

rdeist

Equipment
Bx23TLB
Feb 13, 2014
Bend, Oregon USA
I did a Bing search for pictures of a thumb and started designing a type that looked like it was simple and workable. Your bx25 has a more curved hoe arm than my bx23, which are more straight. I used two pieces of 1/4 plate that cinch up on the hoe frame. It can be moved up or down depending on need. It did take a bit of testing and reset to get what I wanted. Hence the additional holes in the mount plate. The test was when I picked up a 24" basalt rock, tucked it in and drove off with it. I read a posting here on this site last year where a fellow said "if you don't have a thumb on your hoe, you are missing out on half of what your hoe can do". Was he ever right. My thumb works well and saved 3-4 hundred dollars that a bought one is.
My tools were a drill press, milwaukee porta-band, welder, grinder.
Richard

Attachments

John in VC

Equipment
Bx25D,PJ equipment 14000 lb trailer,RTV 1100, 2- Cat 22's
I got a thumb for my BX25D at BXPANDED.com. It is a bolt on no welding. Very well made and works very good. It is adjustable. They also have a cutting edge for front bucket and skid plate for under tractor. I bought all three. Am very happy with all.

rob82

Equipment
2012 BX25
Jan 18, 2013
Monroe,NJ
Thanks John. Checked them out going to order the thumb, front bucket hooks and forks. Looks like nice stuff

gerrycormier

Equipment
BX25D
Mar 2, 2014
Greenwood, NS, Canada
To all
I just bought (3 weeks ago) and installed an OEM BX6316 Mechanical Thumb on my new BX25D.
It went on real easy with pins and brackets already on Backhoe.
I got it from Eastern Turf in Dartmouth, NS, Canada. Works great.
Gerry

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Gerry I just installed my OEM thumb last sunday, really easy and bolts right up. Its a little easier with the backhoe already on, which I didnt have on. I dont care what video you watch but it takes longer than 1-2 minutes to get the bakchoe on. I guess practice makes perfect.