BX25 back hoe Jerking/Surging

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
So I have an issue I have not run into before with the BX. I was digging a ditch that was about 3-4' deep. I was running BX at WOT. when lowering the bucket in the ditch (mostly full extension) The backhoe would jerk/Surge(for lack of better explanation) up and down. If I just slammed it down the in the ditch there was no issue, only when I wanted to smoothly lower it. At first I thought out riggers were up, but still happens when they are fully deployed. I have operated the hoe in the same fashion many times with no issue, But today something is different. Any ideas?

Note: the first thing I should do is check hydo fluid, which I have not done. The machine is offsite and I had work emergency which forced me to just shut off machine and head to office. I will bring more fluid with me tomorrow, but wanted to check with the group here to see if there may be something else I should take into consideration.

427cjackson

Equipment
2004 Kubota L3830HST 1600hrs, 9' BH90, Bobcat 6' box blade, Woods BB60 Cutter
Jul 23, 2014
Hollis, ME
So I have an issue I have not run into before with the BX. I was digging a ditch that was about 3-4' deep. I was running BX at WOT. when lowering the bucket in the ditch (mostly full extension) The backhoe would jerk/Surge(for lack of better explanation) up and down. If I just slammed it down the in the ditch there was no issue, only when I wanted to smoothly lower it. At first I thought out riggers were up, but still happens when they are fully deployed. I have operated the hoe in the same fashion many times with no issue, But today something is different. Any ideas?

Note: the first thing I should do is check hydo fluid, which I have not done. The machine is offsite and I had work emergency which forced me to just shut off machine and head to office. I will bring more fluid with me tomorrow, but wanted to check with the group here to see if there may be something else I should take into consideration.
Extend the cylinder (assuming you're talking about the boom) and check it with a straight edge. That would be my guess if it's just one cylinder causing the jerking. I recently bent a bucket cylinder on a BH90 diggi out a stubborn stump.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
Extend the cylinder (assuming you're talking about the boom) and check it with a straight edge. That would be my guess if it's just one cylinder causing the jerking. I recently bent a bucket cylinder on a BH90 diggi out a stubborn stump.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will check this. Hope it is straight, cause it sounds expensive to fix!!:eek:

427cjackson

Equipment
Jul 23, 2014
Hollis, ME
Yes...I had one made at a local Hydraulic shop for a little less than kubota sells.

Flienlow

Equipment
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
hydraulics look good but she was low on hydro fluid. Too dark are cold to play tonight but I will filing it up tomorrow

427cjackson

Equipment
Jul 23, 2014
Hollis, ME
That's good news!