BX23S Preheat light staying on

Chembucket

Equipment
BX23S
May 15, 2018
Western WA
I have a BX23S. About 30 hrs on it. I noticed today when mowing that the preheat light on the dash was on. I went and parked it and turned off the engine. After the engine stopped the light went off about 5 seconds later. I decided to start the engine again and again the light stayed on. This time when I turned off the engine the light remained on for at least 5 minutes. I disconnected the battery cable to turn off the light. Anyone have any insight or thoughts on this? Thank you.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have a BX23S. About 30 hrs on it. I noticed today when mowing that the preheat light on the dash was on. I went and parked it and turned off the engine. After the engine stopped the light went off about 5 seconds later. I decided to start the engine again and again the light stayed on. This time when I turned off the engine the light remained on for at least 5 minutes. I disconnected the battery cable to turn off the light. Anyone have any insight or thoughts on this? Thank you.
If your machine is still under warranty, don't mess with it.

You can download a very good Workshop manual from
http://kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/in...s/&AutoIndex=3ea0ee6e2358d18f5703663d76d826e5

To do any sort of electrical troubleshooting you need two basic tools costing about $30 total.
Multi meter:

Test light:

There are two components that would be suspect. A glow plug relay and a glow plug controller.

Dave

Chembucket

Equipment
BX23S
May 15, 2018
Western WA
If your machine is still under warranty, don't mess with it.

You can download a very good Workshop manual from

http://kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/in...s/&AutoIndex=3ea0ee6e2358d18f5703663d76d826e5

To do any sort of electrical troubleshooting you need two basic tools costing about $30 total.

Multi meter:

Test light:

There are two components that would be suspect. A glow plug relay and a glow plug controller.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Under warranty so dealer will pick it up next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk