BX23S Loader Hydraulic Shutter

Hokie23

Equipment
BX23S
May 1, 2024
Maryland
Relatively new to tractor ownership and encountered my first issue and looking for advice.
Experiencing hydraulic shutter when moving the loader boom up and down. Only occurs with the boom; curl and 3 pt functions are normal and smooth. Tractor has 38 hours on it and I was moving some light mulch when there was a popping sound either at the loader control valve or rear at the tractor and the boom stopped moving. Releasing the lever and reengaging the boom moved but felt a shutter under the seat. Fluid is clear and level is normal. Tried putting the 3 pt in different positions while moving the loader boom and no change to the condition. Where to next for trouble shooting? Thanks!!

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Your at the proper RPM’s? Have you tried going higher RPM’s to see if there is a difference? Did you check all your hydraulic connections to insure they are all seated properly?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Relatively new to tractor ownership and encountered my first issue and looking for advice.
Experiencing hydraulic shutter when moving the loader boom up and down. Only occurs with the boom; curl and 3 pt functions are normal and smooth. Tractor has 38 hours on it and I was moving some light mulch when there was a popping sound either at the loader control valve or rear at the tractor and the boom stopped moving. Releasing the lever and reengaging the boom moved but felt a shutter under the seat. Fluid is clear and level is normal. Tried putting the 3 pt in different positions while moving the loader boom and no change to the condition. Where to next for trouble shooting? Thanks!!
Sounds like a problem with the power beyond loop. Do you have the backhoe couplers properly connected?

Partislly lower boom and fully dump bucket. Then try to raise boom and curl bucket at same time. Is that operation smooth?

Dan

Hokie23

Equipment
BX23S
May 1, 2024
Maryland
Sounds like a problem with the power beyond loop. Do you have the backhoe couplers properly connected?

Partislly lower boom and fully dump bucket. Then try to raise boom and curl bucket at same time. Is that operation smooth?

Dan
Dan,

tried this today, the backhoe hasn’t been on but I disconnected and reconnected the hydraulic coupling. Tried the full dump and then both curl and boom at the same time. Curl is smooth if by itself and it still shutters if doing both at once.

Hokie23

Equipment
BX23S
May 1, 2024
Maryland
Your at the proper RPM’s? Have you tried going higher RPM’s to see if there is a difference? Did you check all your hydraulic connections to insure they are all seated properly?
disconnected the loader and reconnected, did the same with the backhoe loop. At higher RPMs it shakes the whole tractor front to back as the loader boom is moved up and down versus a shutter from the trans area when lower rpm. Curl and 3pt are still smooth at all RPMs.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
disconnected the loader and reconnected, did the same with the backhoe loop. At higher RPMs it shakes the whole tractor front to back as the loader boom is moved up and down versus a shutter from the trans area when lower rpm. Curl and 3pt are still smooth at all RPMs.
I dint think tjat tells us much.

I am beginningvto sudpectva coupler on the boom hoses.

My next move would be to disconnect the power beyond hose at the outlet block on the side of the tractor.

Use a piece of low pressure hose or tubing to extend the hose far enough to reach the hydraulic oil filler. Start the tractor and operate the boom to see if anythung changed..

Dan