BX23S LED upgrade

Saltyog

Equipment
Bx23s w/ loader, backhoe, 55” blower and cab
Nov 1, 2020
MN
Looking at upgrading the bulbs in my BXs to LED. What kind of bulbs are you all using (links would be helpful)? Any clear winners?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
No clue as to what your incandescent bulb base looks like, but I upgraded both my M9's to LED bulbs last year. Much better light output but the bases than Kubota employs is a specialty base so finding them in LED's may be sketchy. Got mine on Flea Bay, came from China direct (no surprise there). In lieu of Flea Bay, you might try Bangood. They have a ton of LED bulbs.

Reactions: 1 user

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Same seller I bought mine from last year for my M9 (they are listed in the ad below the item you referenced). The ones with the oval cut out's in the base are mine....

They come direct from mainland China and take about 2 weeks to arrive. Work well, nice blue / white light instead of the stock feeble orange glow the filament lights make. Big difference Kubota headlights all seem to be feeble.

GibbyESS9

Equipment
2020 Bx23s,BX2672 plow, Titan Forks, Land Pride 48” BB, FEL, Bestco Flail mower
Sep 30, 2020
Blue Point NY / Newfoundland PA
I have a brand new 23S also and looking to go LED. I have a photo of the connector and it says 896. Just haven't found one yet that seems perfect. I hope someone here can help.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
While I tossed LEDS out back, decided not to waste my money or time for the fronts as the loader bucket makes headlights useless. Besides I don't work in the dark anymore,when Mr. Sun goes to bed I come inside. I am making a new ROPS 'topsection' this week and it will have LEDs and stuff.
The OEM ROPS is too tall for the garage and a PITA to raise up, turn down...

Reactions: 1 users

Saltyog

Equipment
Nov 1, 2020
MN
I wonder if these would work? Really hoping someone here has a specific link for ones they have used.

Saltyog

Equipment
Nov 1, 2020
MN

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
I would, but it seems the bucket is in the way of the lights anyways, so it's not high up on my list. :geek:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
While I tossed LEDS out back, decided not to waste my money or time for the fronts as the loader bucket makes headlights useless. Besides I don't work in the dark anymore,when Mr. Sun goes to bed I come inside. I am making a new ROPS 'topsection' this week and it will have LEDs and stuff.
You and I have the same issue but I take my bucket off. Kubota in their 'infinite wisdom' put the headlights dead inline with the cross tube on the FEL..... duh.

PaulR

Equipment
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
I'm with this guy.
Just like four-wheeling, if you're out there in the dark, something went really wrong. Sun goes down I'm back in the garage tinkering and drinking a beer.

GibbyESS9

Equipment
2020 Bx23s,BX2672 plow, Titan Forks, Land Pride 48” BB, FEL, Bestco Flail mower
Sep 30, 2020
Blue Point NY / Newfoundland PA
So I bought these for my Bx23S.

Not much better. Cleaner light but not much brighter. Need something with a projector in the front of it I think. The photo shows a projector lenses but they don't have it. Might have to return them .
I made up a ROPS set of LED lights that I can plug into the power port on the drivers side in case I do anything at night which I do not anticipate. I agree, after dark is beer time.

PaulR

Equipment
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Lighting threads have been beaten to death on this board, but just to add:

I ended up getting the Harbor Freight Roadshock lights and wiring kit for my ROPS. The wires fit perfectly around the wider BX 23S bar, I followed the factory wire routing from the battery, and the extra wire stuffs in nicely behind the tail light. While not the biggest and brightest, TONS more light than the stock headlights, and it seems to be a great quality kit for the price.

neogardener

Equipment
B2601, QH15, RGR1258, BB1260, Ferris IS600Z
Jun 8, 2018
Ohio
I think the projector makes the biggest difference when it comes to the LED bulbs. I just posted a thread yesterday showing my B2601 with the LED projector headlight bulb upgrade and posted multiple pictures to help convey to everyone the difference. In one of the pics, you can clearly see not just coloring of the light but the way the light is broadcast compared to the stock halogen.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I think the projector makes the biggest difference when it comes to the LED bulbs. I just posted a thread yesterday showing my B2601 with the LED projector headlight bulb upgrade and posted multiple pictures to help convey to everyone the difference. In one of the pics, you can clearly see not just coloring of the light but the way the light is broadcast compared to the stock halogen.
Maybe you could post the link to it in here to direct people to it.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
To hell with doing anything with the factory headlights. Been there, done that. Big fail!

I installed a LED lightbar on the ROP`s that goes from one side to the other, that`s the only way to go. I also put a (4-bulb unit) LED flood light (from harbor freight) on the backside of the ROP`s for rear lighting at night. I used a magnetic mounting base so that i could move my rear light around on the ROP`s while using different implements on the 3pt hitch. World of difference, and it was well worth it. My LED warning flashing light on top of the ROPS is also magnetic base mounted. That way i can move it wherever i want to, or just pop it off the tractor when i dont need it. I installed everything quick connect. All my LED lights can come off the tractor in seconds. I bought the large magnetic bases at harbor freight to mount all my lighting.

These are the magnets i used. Very powerful! I have not had one light move or fall off the ROPS!

My front lighting

My rear lighting

My Warning Light

Last edited:

deano_603

Equipment
Kubota L 2501 hst
Jul 9, 2020
New Hampshire
Hey papow, I stumbled across this forum in looking to rig up ROPs lights for my L series tractor in order to have lighting for plowing our property in North New England with +/- 8 hours of sunlight a day...

Your set up seems to be very similar to what I had in mind, just curious where you found the wiring harness and how it wired up, as I'm illiterate when it comes to electric and I am trying to take out as much user error as possible on that front.