BX23S and FEL for pushing snow

luc.who

Sep 1, 2018
Lewisberry PA
I am a first time tractor owner. Spent a few days learning about diesel fuel and cold temps! LOL running again..

I have been using my FEL to push snow, and its working fine, but its putting some cosmetic scratches on my driveway. Is there something I can put on the bucket that will help with that?

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Welcome aboard!
They sell purpose made poly edges if you don't mind paying big $. Or, you could use a piece of composite decking or 2x material. I'm assuming you have a bolt on cutting edge on your bucket. If not, you'd need to drill it or, fab a set of clamps. Think bolt on pallet fork style.
Hope this helps

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I don't have them, but guys with stone drives swear by these:

https://r2manufacturing.com/

Other option is pull backhoe off, and use a back blade turned around 180 degrees.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
For your size machine the Edge Tamers seem like a good option for a bucket plow. You will still leave about an inch of snow under it...so if you want something that gets closer you will need a plow blade or a poly edge on your bucket.

Jblac197

Equipment
L3800, bush hog, tiller snowblower
Aug 21, 2018
Hibbing
I am a first time tractor owner. Spent a few days learning about diesel fuel and cold temps! LOL running again..

I have been using my FEL to push snow, and its working fine, but its putting some cosmetic scratches on my driveway. Is there something I can put on the bucket that will help with that?
I just got a set of edge tamers a couple days ago and they work pretty good. I was in the same boat putting ugly scrape marks on my blacktop driveway. They're not crazy expensive and they're built very well and American made. Expect them to be on backorder though. Mine were on backorder for about 3 weeks. Just Google edge tamers and it should pop up as R2 Manufacturing as a supplier

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk