Bx2380

Bullock

Equipment
BX2380, LA344 Loader, k51-20-06 Blower
Jun 20, 2020
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
My wife and I just bought our very first Kubota, a BX2380, with a loader and a rear blower, from our local dealer. Is there any advice or information you think we should know about our first new tractor?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
After running it re-check all fluids, including the front axle. Many find new machines low on hydraulic fluid and front axle. Maybe just a matter of some air.

Also, double-check torque on wheel lugs and loader mounts.

Best to find these issues sooner than later. My BX was about a quart low of hydraulic fluid after 30 minutes. It was just enough so it wasn’t on the stick. Been fine since over 7 years. Same with front axle.

Reactions: 1 user

Bullock

Equipment
Jun 20, 2020
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
After running it re-check all fluids, including the front axle. Many find new machines low on hydraulic fluid and front axle. Maybe just a matter of some air.

Also, double-check torque on wheel lugs and loader mounts.

Best to find these issues sooner than later. My BX was about a quart low of hydraulic fluid after 30 minutes. It was just enough so it wasn’t on the stick. Been fine since over 7 years. Same with front axle.
Thanks for the heads up.

Vidiot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680 & several implements
Apr 28, 2017
Purcellville, VA, USA
First tractor ever? In my case it was and I learned: 1- Keep the loader low to the ground when moving so you don't tip over. 2- if you don't have a mid mount mower (or if you do but when it's off) invest in under armor to protect the HST fan. 3- If you have hills, keep it in 4WD going down them; no front brakes on a BX (ask me how I learned this). 4- Rear ballast is important when using the loader. 5- Again if you have hills, rear wheel spacers were a night and day difference in stability on mine, look into it. 6- If you don't have fluid filled rear tires, you might want to. I'm sure others can add to this list but most important... enjoy it! You made a great investment that will save your back and be fun to use at the same time.

Bullock

Equipment
Jun 20, 2020
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
First tractor ever? In my case it was and I learned: 1- Keep the loader low to the ground when moving so you don't tip over. 2- if you don't have a mid mount mower (or if you do but when it's off) invest in under armor to protect the HST fan. 3- If you have hills, keep it in 4WD going down them; no front brakes on a BX (ask me how I learned this). 4- Rear ballast is important when using the loader. 5- Again if you have hills, rear wheel spacers were a night and day difference in stability on mine, look into it. 6- If you don't have fluid filled rear tires, you might want to. I'm sure others can add to this list but most important... enjoy it! You made a great investment that will save your back and be fun to use at the same time.
Hey. Thanks for the advice. And I did order a skid plate from a company here in Canada. I'll post some pics when I get it and put it on. Was just over 200 bucks. Suspect money well spent and cheap insurance.

Vidiot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680 & several implements
Apr 28, 2017
Purcellville, VA, USA
Hey. Thanks for the advice. And I did order a skid plate from a company here in Canada. I'll post some pics when I get it and put it on. Was just over 200 bucks. Suspect money well spent and cheap insurance.
From what I understand, replacing the fan yourself is a pain and having it done is expensive. I erred on the side of caution and did what you did, good call. I love mine and it's done the vast majority of what I've asked of it. Loader lift capacity is an issue of course but you eat an elephant one bite at a time so it all works out. Enjoy your new machine, they're awesome! Side note, a low weight set of pallet forks is a big benefit if you ever have that need. I use mine about about as often as I use the bucket. Trust me, you'll invent new ways to use your toy!