BX2380 UDT fluid change first time

Northern MN

Equipment
Bx2380/55” commercial blower
Dec 2, 2022
Northern MN
My manual does not indicate I need to change UDT fluid at 50 hours - just filter and fluid change at 300 hours. But seeing a lot of stuff to do at 50 hours with oil change. Thoughts?

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
I'm not quite sure what your question is, but I changed engine oil, oil filter, hydraulic fluid, hydraulic fluid filter, and cleaned the hydraulic fluid suction strainer when I did the 50 hour service on mine. Especially glad I cleaned the hydraulic suction strainer since it was pretty well caked with pieces of silicone type material. To each his own, but I just consider it good practice and cheap insurance to change oil/fluids/filters earlier than recommended.

Reactions: 1 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
The transmission/ hydraulic system doesn't see the heat and contamination that engine oil does. It will remain serviceable for much much longer. It won't hurt anything to change it but your wallet.
Think of it this way- do you change your vehicle transmission and axle oil at the first oil change? They usually have 6-10x (or more) the service interval of OCI.
Edit- if the manual does indicate a change then it should be performed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The transmission/ hydraulic system doesn't see the heat and contamination that engine oil does. It will remain serviceable for much much longer. It won't hurt anything to change it but your wallet.
Think of it this way- do you change your vehicle transmission and axle oil at the first oil change? They usually have 6-10x (or more) the service interval of OCI.
While clean/fresh fluids are important, some folks here on OTT certainly seem to have fluid change fanaticism.
Example: (put 10 hours on tractor last year) "I change oil and filter every year".

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

WhatnxtBX

Equipment
BX2380
Jun 10, 2019
Lk Stevens, WA
I did not change the UDT fluid at 50 hours, per the manual, but did change the UDT filter and checked the hydraulic fluid suction strainer. The manual does not say to do the strainer, but since some others indicated they had debris on it, made sense to me to check it. It was fine. Just tilted the tractor to the side and a little fluid dripped out. All other service was by the manual. I put 100+ hours on my machine. Mostly mowing 5 acres.