Bx2380 rear remote

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Factory because it is a kit that is designed specifically for the application with pre-bent metal lines and ease of installation. Summit if you want to be able to service the valve 5 or 10 years down the line when Kubota no longer offers service parts for the valve assuming that service parts are available today. I had a rear kit on my BX22 and I couldn't get any service parts for the valve, nor even a replacement valve.

Reactions: 1 users

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Factory kubota rear remote kit or summit hydraulics kit. What is everyone's preference?
The OEM kit is much better integrated and uses mechanical rather than electro-mechanical valves. The usual concern with the Kubota option is the cost. How does that compare?

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

Cpmm4m4

Equipment
To be determined
May 12, 2021
Flushing Mi
The OEM kit is much better integrated and uses mechanical rather than electro-mechanical valves. The usual concern with the Kubota option is the cost. How does that compare?

Dan
I think its about 1100 for the gactory kit and 700 for a 2 spool summit kit.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
There's a DUAL rear remote kit from Kubota... is that what you're talking about ?
Was going to add to my BX23S . Some say lines need to reworked to fit with backhoe on.
THAT might be a factor to consider.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I would get the installation instructions first and then decide what has to be done to properly install it on your tractor. What surprises me is that Kubota doesn't make a kit available for the BX23S.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Dusty.... Ask Kubota WHY not ( it should be just 4 hoses and a 'block' ? ). Offer to be their 'tester'..
hmm..
dang nab it...
forget that !
I'll email them tomorrow and see about getting my free dual rear remote for BX23S kit !! ;)

• Haha

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You can talk to Kubota of Canada and I can talk to Kubota USA, but in the end, neither will give us anything fro free, not even a hat!

• Haha

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I would get the installation instructions first and then decide what has to be done to properly install it on your tractor. What surprises me is that Kubota doesn't make a kit available for the BX23S.
There is a hydraulic outlet on the side of the transmission. It has two ports - pump OUT and power beyond return and is normally used for the loader valve. You can easily add a AUX valve by rerouting the power beyond return hose from the loader valve to pressure IN on your AUX valve and then connect power beyond on the AUX valve to the power beyond return port on the block. If you don't have a loader valve you would need to buy the outlet block 7J612-68110 ($97) and plumb the AUX valve directly off those ports.

A tank return port is provided on the side of the rear housing. The OEM remote valve is a two spool monoblock that bolts directly to the return port. Its not clear from the parts diagram where the pressure supply pipe connects but the power beyond return is on the back side of the rear housing.

In the case of a backhoe you simply reroute the backhoe supply to IN on the AUX valve and run the AUX power beyond to the hoe. Then find a spot for the AUX tank return.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Dusty.... Ask Kubota WHY not ( it should be just 4 hoses and a 'block' ? ). Offer to be their 'tester'..
hmm..
dang nab it...
forget that !
I'll email them tomorrow and see about getting my free dual rear remote for BX23S kit !! ;)
After looking at some parts diagrams it appears the OEM remote valve mounts directly on the tank return port used by the backhoe and is also plumbed into the power beyond return port used by the backhoe.

To use it on a B23s you would need to replumb all three of the backhoe connections. Pump and power beyond are easy - just feed the remote using the power beyond hose on the backhoe. But you would need to find a new spot for the backhoe's tank return.

Dan

hoening

Equipment
BX23S w/FEL,BH,& Snowblower, York Rake, Box Scraper
Jan 2, 2011
Cary, IL
I’m in the process to install the remote kit on my Bx23s. My plan at this time is to install Ts in the supply and PB lines of the remote kit. The I plan to fabricate a new dip stick that will have a fitting for the return line as well as a smaller dip stick to be able to check fluid level. Won’t attempt all of this until the weather gets warmer and no longer need to use the snowblower.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I’m in the process to install the remote kit on my Bx23s. My plan at this time is to install Ts in the supply and PB lines of the remote kit. The I plan to fabricate a new dip stick that will have a fitting for the return line as well as a smaller dip stick to be able to check fluid level. Won’t attempt all of this until the weather gets warmer and no longer need to use the snowblower.
What sort of tee in the PB? That is a no-no.

Dan

hoening

Equipment
Jan 2, 2011
Cary, IL
What sort of tee in the PB? That is a no-no.

Dan
Well the plan is to put the tee in the hard line between the rear remote valve and where it terminates in the FEL connections behind the R rear tire where the PB was connected for the backhoe. I then would adapt the PB hard line that was removed to feed the coupling for the backhoe. Appreciate your comment and look forward to your explanation why I should not do this. Just trying to figure out the way to have both the rear remote kit and the backhoe connections.

hoening

Equipment
Jan 2, 2011
Cary, IL
Well the plan is to put the tee in the hard line between the rear remote valve and where it terminates in the FEL connections behind the R rear tire where the PB was connected for the backhoe. I then would adapt the PB hard line that was removed to feed the coupling for the backhoe. Appreciate your comment and look forward to your explanation why I should not do this. Just trying to figure out the way to have both the rear remote kit and the backhoe connections.
Just some additional info on my plan. I would only plan to use the backhoe connections with the backhoe or 3pt log splitter as I currently do. The rear remotes would be used with the 3pt to have tilt and trim on my box blade,York rake, or rear blade.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Power beyond must be one continuous circuit where each valve feeds the next in the series. You cannot branch it to feed multiple devices in parallel - that will give you two paths to tank via the center circuit and you lose pump pressure to ALL down stream valves. Go back and read what I said earlier in #11 about the backhoe and remote PB connections.

Your seem to have a solution for the tank return issue on the hoe.

Dan

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Here are the part diagrams for the FEL valve plumbing, Backhoe plumbing, and the remote kit plumbing. Exactly how are you planning on putting these together?

Dan

1673261142088.png

1673261304528.png

1673261674117.png

hoening

Equipment
Jan 2, 2011
Cary, IL
Dan,
Hope I can explain. In the second diagram the existing (supply)hose #150 gets removed and is replaced with the (supply)hard line #110 in the rear remote kit diagram. I would plan to add a tee in the #110 line where I would connect the #150 hose to supply the backhoe.
The Hard line #120 pipe in the kit connects to what I think is the (PB) for the FEL. I would put a tee in this line that would allow me to connect the female coupler #140 which would be used for the backhoe connection which I also believe is (PB).
Since the kit #020-#040 connection eliminates the (return) line from the back of the BX. I plan to make a new trans oil dip stick that would incorporate a fitting to connect the (return) line from the backhoe.
I think I understand your concerns with the (PB) but I do not plan to use the Rear remotes with the backhoe attached. If I plumb a hydraulic thumb, I plan to add that control valve into and on the backhoe control circuit which I have not figure out yet, but it would be disconnected when the backhoe is removed. I think I need to put a (PB) fitting into the existing valve to be able plumb the new thumb valve and the back to the (PB) coupler on the back of the BX.

This a little lengthy but hope you can understand. Sorry I may be slow replying to your replies but I'm not getting notices when I get updates so only see your replies when I log in.

I hope you can give me direction on my plan to allow me to use both connections for the backhoe and rear remotes. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me!!!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Dan,
Hope I can explain. In the second diagram the existing (supply)hose #150 gets removed and is replaced with the (supply)hard line #110 in the rear remote kit diagram. I would plan to add a tee in the #110 line where I would connect the #150 hose to supply the backhoe.
The Hard line #120 pipe in the kit connects to what I think is the (PB) for the FEL. I would put a tee in this line that would allow me to connect the female coupler #140 which would be used for the backhoe connection which I also believe is (PB).
Since the kit #020-#040 connection eliminates the (return) line from the back of the BX. I plan to make a new trans oil dip stick that would incorporate a fitting to connect the (return) line from the backhoe.
I think I understand your concerns with the (PB) but I do not plan to use the Rear remotes with the backhoe attached. If I plumb a hydraulic thumb, I plan to add that control valve into and on the backhoe control circuit which I have not figure out yet, but it would be disconnected when the backhoe is removed. I think I need to put a (PB) fitting into the existing valve to be able plumb the new thumb valve and the back to the (PB) coupler on the back of the BX.

This a little lengthy but hope you can understand. Sorry I may be slow replying to your replies but I'm not getting notices when I get updates so only see your replies when I log in.

I hope you can give me direction on my plan to allow me to use both connections for the backhoe and rear remotes. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me!!!
I think you will find that does not work. If you put a tee in the 110 line you will have two paths to tank and no pump pressure beyond that point. Your plumbing is close but not quite right.

Consider this (diagram below)
  1. Use pipe 110 as in diagram 2
  2. Replace pipe 120 in diagram 2 (power beyond) with two short hoses and a set of quick couplers That is now your two points of connection for the backhoe. When the backhoe is not in use simply loop the couplers/hoses together.
That is the standard Kubota plumbing scheme. The remote valve is always available for use and feeds the backhoe via the power beyond port. The backhoe is after the remote and ahead of the 3pt and works exactly as it does now. When the backhoe is removed the power beyond circuit is maintained by looping the tractor side backhoe connectors together. One or maybe two short hoses and one set of couplers should be all you need.

Dan

1673729164034.png

Last edited:

hoening

Equipment
Jan 2, 2011
Cary, IL
This looks to be very simple to do. I might try to do the female as a hard line to fit the existing position and a hose with the male to be able to plug it in if the backhoe is off. Just a question on the tank return from the backhoe. would I still have to make the fitting to go into the trans dip stick hole?

Kubota backhoe tubes.png