bx2370 clunking fwd

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
What are you driving on? Is it solid ground?

Do you hear it when turning?

If so, I’d take it out of 4WD…..in my own estimation, you should only use 4WD when necessary.

Reactions: 1 user

bluelight16

Equipment
BX2370
Sep 18, 2022
Canada
What are you driving on? Is it solid ground?

Do you hear it when turning?

If so, I’d take it out of 4WD…..in my own estimation, you should only use 4WD when necessary.
I only use 4wd when I have a full load in bucket and I get bogged down on wet soil,

bluelight16

Equipment
BX2370
Sep 18, 2022
Canada

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Check to see if you have any back-and-forth play in the front axle articulation pivot. It probably needs to be tightened up.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Are you sure it's just in fwd when it does it? BX steering hydraulic cylinder gets slight play where it's mounted. It's very slight play on each end and I'm not sure you can hear it but you can definitely feel it. You can really feel it on a gravel drive.

I think my BX only had 10-20 hours when it started getting this slight thumping feel in the steering, most might not even notice.

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
As whitetiger mentioned make sure the pivot bolt is tightened up and adjusted properly. Here's something else to check it's happened to me . Check your steering cylinder mounting plates. Make sure there not bent and allowing the cylinder to move around .Also check the cylinder mounting plate bolts. I've had to take the plates off and put them in a vise to straighten them out. I've actually over bent them just a bit so that when I tightened the mounting plates back up they straightend up on there own. Of course you do have to pop each tie rod end off in order to remove the plate.

bluelight16

Equipment
BX2370
Sep 18, 2022
Canada
I checked the u joints and drive shaft no play or anything it does not hinder the performance of the tractor
As whitetiger mentioned make sure the pivot bolt is tightened up and adjusted properly. Here's something else to check it's happened to me . Check your steering cylinder mounting plates. Make sure there not bent and allowing the cylinder to move around .Also check the cylinder mounting plate bolts. I've had to take the plates off and put them in a vise to straighten them out. I've actually over bent them just a bit so that when I tightened the mounting plates back up they straightend up on there own. Of course you do have to pop each tie rod end off in order to remove the plate.
Thank you Thank you, I adjusted the axle pivot bolt ( did not have the right socket so had to torque by feel) checked the mount plate found 2 bolts loose, retighten them took tractor for test drive even put a load of stone in bucket, no more clunking so far, I guess problem solved Thanks again

Reactions: 1 users

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
Thank you Thank you, I adjusted the axle pivot bolt ( did not have the right socket so had to torque by feel) checked the mount plate found 2 bolts loose, retighten them took tractor for test drive even put a load of stone in bucket, no more clunking so far, I guess problem solved Thanks again
Glad it was a simple fix.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I had a feeling this was what you were hearing/felt, even with the bolts tight on the brackets the slight End play on the cylinder is noticeable on mine.