BX2360 hydraulic whine

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Morning guys,, I do have a question about my bx2360, and this about the hydraulic whine its pretty loud, it is most notciable when you traming around, with the mower and motor noise you cant hear it other wise while your mowing, the oil is right and she runs like a raped date but the whine bothers me. None of the other brands I have owned have had this whine,,sooooo Im wondering is it something I should be concerned with or is it a normal sound,, the stealer says they all sound like that,,, I duno so I is axin

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
Some folks claim that Kubota SUDT is the answer for whine in the BX series.

It is an awfully expensive experiment but next time your hydraulic fluid is changed out you might give it a try. The BX transmission doesn't really use that much oil compared to others and the extra price might be worth the SUDT if the whine is bothersome enough to post a question about it.

Last edited:

stitchit

Equipment
b3200 Kubota Tiller, Blower, Loader, BlaDE, ETC.
Jul 5, 2010
Cheboygan Michigan
My father-in-law has one that has a definite whine to it. I've checked all fluids and theyre full.

On his, it's almost like it's being strained under pressure or something. Seems to operate ok, but,..............

Chris