Bx2350D Oil Cooler Oil Seal

BrandonWerner

Equipment
Bx2350D
Feb 25, 2023
Indiana
Hello all. My dad and I are working on our BX2350. We had a leak from the oil cooler and transaxle case so we tore it apart and replaced all the seals following the shop manual. As we're putting it back together, we noticed the oil seal that goes in front of the oil cooler cover and around the propeller shaft is missing. The manual says to not damage the seal when removing and installing the cover. I do not remember if the seal was there when we removed it in the first place or if that was the source of our leak from the beginning. The bigger issue we're having is we cannot find that oil seal on any parts diagrams. If anyone has a way to track down that part number or any suggestions on how to fix it, please let me know. I attached an image of the shop manual as well as where the seal is supposed to go. Thanks!

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Your WSM and manual pictures are for a different version (most likely EU model).
The seal is on the back side of the port block cover, if you had a leak behind the propeller shaft, and if both the gasket and the O-ring was in good shape then you should pull the Port block cover and change that seal (#50 below).

1677371394035.png

1677371527551.png

BrandonWerner

Equipment
Bx2350D
Feb 25, 2023
Indiana
Your WSM and manual pictures are for a different version (most likely EU model).
The seal is on the back side of the port block cover, if you had a leak behind the propeller shaft, and if both the gasket and the O-ring was in good shape then you should pull the Port block cover and change that seal (#50 below).
So there isn't supposed to be anything around the propeller shaft on the outside of the oil cooler? There is no paint where a seal would mate the surface of the cover. Also, there are surface blemishes on the shaft where a seal would be. Do you have a picture of the oil cooler cover as well? I belive its called HST2.

BrandonWerner

Equipment
Bx2350D
Feb 25, 2023
Indiana
Interesting. I'm surprised there is nothing there. The bearing is exposed to the elements through the cooler cover allowing dirt and water to potentially ruin that bearing. Thanks for the help!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Interesting. I'm surprised there is nothing there. The bearing is exposed to the elements through the cooler cover allowing dirt and water to potentially ruin that bearing. Thanks for the help!
It's a sealed bearing, it's fine open to the elements.

Reactions: 1 user