Bx23 transmission issues

NealC

Equipment
Bx23 mlb
Jun 10, 2018
Albertville Al. USA
Hello group. I recently purchased a 04-05 bx23 mlb.
I know little history of the machine. It wouldn’t start when I bought it . I’ve changed the fuel filters and air filter and now runs great The loader works good as does the backhoe. The problem is when I put it in gear to move forward ( hi or lo) it feels as if the brakes are on and feel a push back on the pedal.
Changed the hydraulic fluid and filters and cleaned the strainer, same thing.
I can lift the rear tires off the ground and it seems to move and tires run perfect with no noise. Any one have a clue what is wrong?
Thanks in advance

ThisIsNotaStep

Equipment
2005 bx23 tlb
Nov 26, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Check the brakes, I have the same model/year and am told when the brakes wear out they "lock on" .. if there is no more thread left on the rod to adjust them you may be there already.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Hello group. I recently purchased a 04-05 bx23 mlb.
I know little history of the machine. It wouldn’t start when I bought it . I’ve changed the fuel filters and air filter and now runs great The loader works good as does the backhoe. The problem is when I put it in gear to move forward ( hi or lo) it feels as if the brakes are on and feel a push back on the pedal.
Changed the hydraulic fluid and filters and cleaned the strainer, same thing.
I can lift the rear tires off the ground and it seems to move and tires run perfect with no noise. Any one have a clue what is wrong?
Thanks in advance
Raise the tires off of the ground, put High-Low in neutral and brake off. Do the rear tires spin freely by hand? They should.

If the rear tires do not spin freely, remove the right rear wheel and see if there are any rocks or debris built up around brake lever between the side of your transaxle and tractor frame.