BX23 Backhoe Work Load

The Bob

Equipment
M6800 Kubota, 1953 Ferguson T030
Sep 24, 2015
Fort Smith, Ar
I have stumbled across a REALLY good deal on a BX23 with 16 hours on it, and a backhoe and front loader and MMM.

Just curious about the backhoe, which is primarily why I would buy it. I have about 1/4 mile of driveway that needs to have ditches either dug on both sides, or at least cleaned out some. I am in northern Arkansas, so lots of rocks. I also would use this to put in some drainage culverts across the road in some areas. I might also use it to dig some lateral lines when it comes time to build on the land. The front loader would not be the "go to" front loader, as I have the M6800 with a FEL.

So how much work can this machine do, can it handle digging out the ditches okay? I'm retired, so have plenty of time to work, but would I be better served to rent a bigger backhoe?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I would say it will do everything you can ask for it to do.....

however - is will dig, a foot wide at a time, and will dig almost 6' down too......I have dug pipe ditches and electrical burials with it. It IS NOT a excavator ....but for its size - rather amazing.

what $$$$ is it gonna cost you, that would be the more determining question!

Attachments

The Bob

Equipment
Sep 24, 2015
Fort Smith, Ar
They are asking $2500. The cheapest I can find on tractorhouse is around $7000, and that's without the backhoe and FEL. Still researching, hoping this is not a scam....just got an email from them. The BX is at a military depot in SD, free shipping to an army base closest to me, with delivery to my door. Pay thru Ebay. I am thinking it's a scam.....

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
They are asking $2500. The cheapest I can find on tractorhouse is around $7000, and that's without the backhoe and FEL. Still researching, hoping this is not a scam....just got an email from them. The BX is at a military depot in SD, free shipping to an army base closest to me, with delivery to my door. Pay thru Ebay. I am thinking it's a scam.....
Bob, thats gonna be a scam .....100% ......

Hell - I would fly backwards there and haul it on my back !:D:)

But........ifn it aint - you would be a fool NOT to buy it, that machine should go for a min of 10k if not more like 12k .......

hope for you sake it is not a scam - that would be a deal of the century!:)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
99.99% it's a scam!

Ask for a phone number and a good time to call. You probably will not receive one. If you do, call and ask questions. Then tell them you have a cousin in the construction business in Sioux Falls, and you want him to come over and look at it for you. You will no longer be in communications with them if it's a scam.....

Oh, if it is not a scam....it's already been sold.

I called about a kubota back hoe on CL this week for $1400. Been listed like 17 minutes. When I called he said he thought it was sold.

The Bob

Equipment
Sep 24, 2015
Fort Smith, Ar
Thanks, I think I will try to set up a call and see how that goes.

As one friend said a couple of months back, if a deal is too good to be true, it probably is!

I will let you guys know how this one plays out! Thanks again.

esloser

Equipment
working on BX1870-1
Oct 30, 2015
Millville, NJ
It doesn't look legitimate to me. I just did a quick search and it looks like Kubota made the BX23 somewhere around 2004-2005. That means this machine is 11 years old with only 16 hours on it. I know if I had a BX23, 24, or 25 it would have 16 hours on it in the first week.

I have stumbled across a REALLY good deal on a BX23 with 16 hours on it, and a backhoe and front loader and MMM.

Just curious about the backhoe, which is primarily why I would buy it. I have about 1/4 mile of driveway that needs to have ditches either dug on both sides, or at least cleaned out some. I am in northern Arkansas, so lots of rocks. I also would use this to put in some drainage culverts across the road in some areas. I might also use it to dig some lateral lines when it comes time to build on the land. The front loader would not be the "go to" front loader, as I have the M6800 with a FEL.

So how much work can this machine do, can it handle digging out the ditches okay? I'm retired, so have plenty of time to work, but would I be better served to rent a bigger backhoe?

esloser

Equipment
working on BX1870-1
Oct 30, 2015
Millville, NJ
It doesn't look legitimate to me. I just did a quick search and it looks like Kubota made the BX23 somewhere around 2004-2005. That means this machine is 11 years old with only 16 hours on it. I know if I had a BX23, 24, or 25 it would have 16 hours on it in the first week.