bx2200

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
Typical symptom of the fuel shut off solenoid issue. If the fuses are OK it may be the delay relay or the solenoid itself.

Did you just power wash the engine? The shut off components seem to be especially sensitive to water.

Djackson

Equipment
bx2200 with a loader
Dec 21, 2010
Chippewa Falls ,WI
Thanks I will look at that tomorrow. It worked fine today. What really has me stumeped is it doesn't do it all the time. I have been plowing snow with it every day for 2 weeks getting tired of snow plowing.

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
Thanks I will look at that tomorrow. It worked fine today. What really has me stumeped is it doesn't do it all the time. I have been plowing snow with it every day for 2 weeks getting tired of snow plowing.
The fuse can't be blown if it is an intermittent problem. Check it anyway since the fuse contacts could be corroded if they salt your snow.

The solenoid should have a connector to it that routes to the delay relay. Next time it doesn't shut off you may want to disconnect the wire at the connector. If that shuts off the engine then it is the relay. If not, then it is the solenoid. Neither are cheap to replace.

It could be something as simple as the fuel shut off lever on the solenoid is hanging up or debris is keeping it from actuating.

How do you shut it off when it won't do it by the key?

Or, you could just let it run and plow snow 24/7. There seems to be enough of it in your area. Your neighbors would be appreciative. :p

yooper jim

Equipment
BX2660
May 15, 2010
Northern Michigan
If the tractor won't shut off, because of fuel shut off problem, use the fuel shut off lever on the injector pump. There are two levers on the pump. One is connected to the throttle and the other is hooked up to nothing. That is the shut off lever. Just push the lever and the engine will stop. Then release and it can be started as usual.

Jim

Djackson

Equipment
bx2200 with a loader
Dec 21, 2010
Chippewa Falls ,WI
I love it when things fix themselves. I wasn't able to figure out why it wasn't shutting off before it started to work again. I have used many times since it first stated to give me trouble and it has shut off every time so I am stumped until it happens again.

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
The update on the condition would seem to indicate a water or condensation problem.

Washing the engine could have caused it but in your area the temps get cold and going from a warm enviornment (garage) to the cold could cause the problem.

Given the symptoms it will likely happen again and then you can nail down what it is.