BX2200 stranded in meadow

bur

Equipment
BX2200
May 2, 2020
Northeast USA
Hi all,

Hoping I can get some advice as to what the problem could be..

Was mowing when it stalled after getting bogged down in heavy grass which I didn't think was that big of a deal because it's happened before but this time after restarting, the mower won't engage and the bucket won't operate so no PTO and apparently a transmission problem.

There's an ugly sound and thud thud thud vibration when the pedal is pressed to go forward or back. It lurches a bit like it wants to go but won't move.

Really hoping it's not major because I just got it back after spending close to 4 grand on a new pto pump (also some welding and leak repairs)

Thanks in advance

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Re: BX200 stranded in meadow

Is this one of those BXs that should come with a skid plate? How tall was the grass? Did you look under to see if the drive shaft is bound up? Is the mower bound up? Something like a piece of baler twine could cause problems with the heavy grass.

Just throwing out ideas no criticism intended.

bur

Equipment
BX2200
May 2, 2020
Northeast USA

Is this one of those BXs that should come with a skid plate? How tall was the grass? Did you look under to see if the drive shaft is bound up? Is the mower bound up? Something like a piece of baler twine could cause problems with the heavy grass.

Just throwing out ideas no criticism intended.
No criticism taken, I'll take any suggestions, thanks.

It's a 1999 or 2000 year model. It's got some plates under there but not sure exactly what they're covering, I'm not great with mechanics.

It wasn't that tall of grass but actually a clump of old hay I had spread fir mulch I was trying to chop up so it would break down quicker. It was a round bales so no twine. The mower blades turn freely by hand.

I'll have to check the drive shaft in the morning.

eeit- (The mower drive shaft is free though)

Last edited:

bur

Equipment
BX2200
May 2, 2020
Northeast USA

Well I've got the mower and bucket off and dragged it a little closer to the house.

The hydraulic oil dipstick is showing full.

No hydraulics working at all and only slight noise now with no movement when the pedal is pressed backwards or forwards in high or low, or two or four wheel drive.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You're going to need to get it where you can get under it and inspect the propeller shaft (the coupling from engine to transmission).

PTO pump??? There is no such part, care to elaborate?