BX2200 Starting procedure

Shootstraight

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 23, 2017
Kennedyville, MD
Hey gang- new to me used BX2200. had a JD 855 before, never had an issue starting in warm or cold wx. my 855 had glow plugs too, i simply twisted the key part way and if it needed the glow plugs, a light would come on. when the light went off, you turned to start. worked great.

does my BX2200 have the same procedure? the owners manual is missing the pages on starting procedure....

another question- both my JD and the 2200 belch quite a bit of smoke when you first start them. none after while running or idling. overall its been running great! i am assuming thats ok/normal? i might be over characterizing it because its in garage rather than outside so its more noticeable.

thanks
brett

Last edited:

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Forgot--- the key will not stay in the glow plug position by itself, you have to hold it there. That way, you can not accidently leave it on and burn the glow plugs out.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Hey gang- new to me used BX2200. had a JD 855 before, never had an issue starting in warm or cold wx. my 855 had glow plugs too, i simply twisted the key part way and if it needed the glow plugs, a light would come on. when the light went off, you turned to start. worked great.

does my BX2200 have the same procedure? the owners manual is missing the pages on starting procedure....

another question- both my JD and the 2200 belch quite a bit of smoke when you first start them. none after while running or idling. overall its been running great! i am assuming thats ok/normal? i might be over characterizing it because its in garage rather than outside so its more noticeable.

thanks
brett
Are you aware of Kubotabooks.com where you can often find operators or work shop manuals for free. At times your specific model will not be on their site but another model close to your's might be and a lot of things like starting procedures will be common on the same age tractor in the same general size range.
http://kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/index.php?dir=Tractor Owners Manuals/

Dave M7040

GaryL

Equipment
2003 BX2200 - loader, mower, blower, grss collection system
Nov 22, 2014
Holden, MA
In warm weather, the first start of the only, i hold the glow plug on for 3-4 seconds then turn to start. Keeps down on the smoke quite a bit by doing this. When cold, ie: below 30-40 F`, I will hold for 8-10 seconds. Starts right up all the time. Smoke should only be for and instant to 1 second. No more than that. Enjoy!

badcompany

Oct 19, 2017
Georgia
The colder it is, the longer you'll likely need to hold the key (should be a dash light that comes on for plugs).. manual says 2-3 secs for above freezing, 5-10 secs for below. It says to set throttle to halfway.

Last edited: