BX2200 Belly Mower Height Adjust

Bx220099

Equipment
Kubota bx2200
Feb 4, 2022
Illinois
So bought a 2001 BX2200 last year been trying to work out the bugs, but one thing I haven't been able to solve by watching YOUTUBE videos is how to adjust the cutting height.
I tried lifting the the deck all the way up like I read on here I think, sorry long story have too many things going on!!But even lubing the knob, trying the lifting the deck thing, I took the deck off still the knob won't turn either direction. Unfortunately the height is set to the lowest setting.
I think it might be too much tension on the adjustment linkage, I watched a video & it showed the adjuster on the left side, a 17 MM bolt & nut, But no such adjuster is on the left side of our Tractor.
Please help.

Reactions: 1 user

Uncle Alan's Yard

Equipment
BX2200
Jul 2, 2023
Atlanta Georgia
So bought a 2001 BX2200 last year been trying to work out the bugs, but one thing I haven't been able to solve by watching YOUTUBE videos is how to adjust the cutting height.
I tried lifting the the deck all the way up like I read on here I think, sorry long story have too many things going on!!But even lubing the knob, trying the lifting the deck thing, I took the deck off still the knob won't turn either direction. Unfortunately the height is set to the lowest setting.
I think it might be too much tension on the adjustment linkage, I watched a video & it showed the adjuster on the left side, a 17 MM bolt & nut, But no such adjuster is on the left side of our Tractor.
Please help.

I actually bought a BX 2200 last week. I've been messing with my asc well to get it level. Did you find any online manual? That help me. To adjust the remove the pin and clip and spin up or down to adjust deck side to side. The bolts in the front are front to back adjustment.

I have attached a pic of the link and some pages I screen shot online.

I just got mine level to where I need to to test the cut.

Attachments

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I also have a BX 2200. I don’t think the height adjustment for the mower deck is connected to anything when the mower deck is raised to the full up position. So when the mower deck is fully up, you should be able to turn it without any issue or difficulty.

In my case, I do know that I can’t adjust the mower deck height setting with that knob, unless the mower deck is raised up fully, or at least above the point where it contacts the mechanism that the knob adjusts.

So my guess would be that either the mechanism for the height adjust knob rotation is rusted up solid or the mower deck is not being lifted up to the maximum height that it would normally be raised to.

This probably is not much help but something to think about as you try to find the solution.

Last edited:

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I had a BX2350. Similar problem when I got it. The knob was basically rusted up through non-use. When the deck is raised there's no load on it. If you look underneath you'll see it's just a rod going to a round contraption with steps on it for different heights. It'll need lubing, and perhaps forcing to get it to turn. You may be able to force from underneath to avoid breaking the plastic knob trying to force it.

Reactions: 1 user

Bx220099

Equipment
Kubota bx2200
Feb 4, 2022
Illinois
I appreciate your responses I will try the lubing, from underneath, sorry always busy, I think it is what PaulL said From lack of use, one of these days I hope, need to finish cutting the grass.