BX22-BX25D question

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Can you tap into the hydraulics that powers the BH to run something other than the BH when the BH is not attached? I'm thinking a powered top link or a rotating cylinder for rear blade/landscape rake or whatever else.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Can you tap into the hydraulics that powers the BH to run something other than the BH when the BH is not attached? I'm thinking a powered top link or a rotating cylinder for rear blade/landscape rake or whatever else.
KM,

I am thinking that if you hooked up the lines to something else, you would cut off the 3 Point on the rear. When the BH is on, the 3 point is dead, but i have no real idea if this is all true. I am sure that somewhere a line could be split or added to allow something else to work......good question though!

Kubota_Man

Equipment
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
I think although I'm not sure the 3PT is still active because you can still use the mower lift with the BH hooked up. I will have to check the arms when I put the BH back on this spring.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I think although I'm not sure the 3PT is still active because you can still use the mower lift with the BH hooked up. I will have to check the arms when I put the BH back on this spring.
Good point, but I think that the system is cut off when the BH is on. I have never taken my BH off yet, but knowing that once I do, the hoses need to be hooked back up on the BX. The hose that "feeds" the BH now gets connected back to the BX, closing the loop. If you noticed, the 3 point doesnt move even if you hit the controls on the side of your seat. My MMM is also attached and it works like it should too, same system but different set of lines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjAQEIuHjEI

I am sure the first time I do it, it will take me a while to get it right ! :eek:

Kubota_Man

Equipment
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
When you do take it off DO NOT expect that is will be just that easy. Those pins sometimes are a major PIA.

rdeist

Equipment
Bx23TLB
Feb 13, 2014
Bend, Oregon USA
When you do take it off DO NOT expect that is will be just that easy. Those pins sometimes are a major PIA.
I will second that. My tractor set over on the wet side of our state for 6 years with the BH on. I bought it and spent hours with WD40, kroil oil, etc. trying to get them released. Flexing back and forth on the controls finally got them sort of moving. Patience paid off. When it was free, I dissasimbled the hinge clamps, cleaned the shaft and clamp bore, and greased well. Now, every months or so, more WD40. I have it on the desert side of Oregon. Won't happen again.
Rdeist

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
At one time, Kubota offered a kit that would allow you to install a secondary valve to the ROPS. I installed one when I first got my tractor, and it worked well. Problem is that the valve developed a leak, and there are no service parts available to repair it. I will take some pictures of the system when I take the BH off in a couple of weeks, to put on the weight box for winter use.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
At one time, Kubota offered a kit that would allow you to install a secondary valve to the ROPS. I installed one when I first got my tractor, and it worked well. Problem is that the valve developed a leak, and there are no service parts available to repair it. I will take some pictures of the system when I take the BH off in a couple of weeks, to put on the weight box for winter use.
Wow I had forgot about this post. I look forward to seeing what you got ;)

gregger

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Saint John, NB Canada
That is exactly what I did to supply hydraulic power to a dual valve body (Open Center), mounted on the rear fender of my BX25D, used to operate the hoist on my dump trailer.

Attachments

183King

Equipment
Bx1500 w/ FEL, MMM and PTO Bagger
Jan 5, 2016
MA, USA

Dusty that valve can probably still be repaired take that to a hydraulic shop. They usually have lots of parts laying around and can fix it for less than you think [emoji6]

Dr Honda

Equipment
BX1870
Mar 30, 2015
Pitt, PA
The simple answer is YES !!!!!!!

The main feed for your BH is the secondary supply from the pump. You should get about 4 gpg off of it at full throttle. The Power comes from the pump, to the BH (or bypass) and then to the FEL valve. SO... if you add a valve, or other implement to the back, make sure the valve allows for power beyond. (or just go in & out)

My BX1870 didn't have a BH, but I opened my hoses, and took power from the bypass to run an Ingersoll HydroBagger. It works great, and was dirt cheap since Ingersoll doesn't make the little tractors anymore.

Dr Honda

Equipment
BX1870
Mar 30, 2015
Pitt, PA
FYI: The 3pt works on the primary side of the pump. (with the power steering) SO... it gets flow before the BH or FEL will. (There is a diverter valve in the pump, so the first 2.5 gph of flow is primary)