BX1860 Steering Stop Bolt

bluedunn

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, MMM, Heavy Hitch Back Plow Blade
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
Hi-

I noticed the other day that I somehow bent the steering stop bolt on the left-hand side of the tractor, which I'd like to replace.

I'm hoping I can grab something at the hardware store but am not sure of this size; anyone know the size and pitch? I'm guessing it's metric, but I suppose I could be wrong on that?

Related, is there a spec for how much thread should be exposed when properly installed on the BX1860?

Thanks for any help!

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Yes it will be metric.

You need to adjust the bolt to set the steering limits keeping in mind toe-in. It's adjusted to "as-needed" and not based on a number of exposed threads.

You might benefit from a visit to the dealer for the part and ask questions on recommendations for adjustment there.

Reactions: 1 users

bluedunn

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, MMM, Heavy Hitch Back Plow Blade
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
Hey, thanks @mikester!

I was just returning here to say that I found some extra steering bolts in my stash; not sure why I bought them but I did so yay. Also, I found the recommended spec in the workshop manual under "Front Wheel Steering Angle".

Reactions: 2 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I seem to recall the factory setting leaves room for things you may not have. Can't recall if it was bigger tires or something to do with the 60 inch mower deck.

Anyway, Neil from Messicks had a video on turning circle, and went over adjustment of the stops on a BX. You can get a lot more angle than the factory setting without it being an issue.