BX1800 Dash toggle switches

67Truckin

Equipment
BX1800D
May 25, 2016
Pleasant Plains
What is anyone using for a replacement upgrade on the three dash lights toggle switches? I have the red hazard light switch which doesn't work at all. The headlight switch only works occasionally and sticks on or off constantly. I figure the turn signal switch will go next so I might as well replace all three. Is there anything that will just plug on and snap back into the dash panel? Thanks, John:confused:

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I don't have the dimensions of the hole they snap into, but I'll wager they are all an industry standard type switch.
The headlight switch, if it's like the one on my BX2230, is a SPST.
I would guess the hazard switch is also an SPST.
The turn signal switch is a SPDT.

I'm sure Mouser Electronics or DigiKey would have them.
I would also try a NAPA store also.

I looked them up on Messick's and they are about $12.00 each.
Hazard Switch Part# K2561-62232
Blinker Switch Part# K2561-62224
Headlight Switch Part# K1122-62212

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Sometimes you can take them apart by separating the plastic parts, clean and lube, and put them back together, and the will work fine for many more years. If not able to take them apart, drill a small hole in the side, and spray contact cleaner into the switch, and set on a paper towel to dry. Last suggestion I have, you have already made.. buy new ones. :D

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
One other caveat with the factory switches is that they are not waterproof. I can't conceive why Kubota would put switches that are not waterproof on a tractor that is likely to set outside in the elements at one time or another.
It normally isn't a problem except with the hazard and turn signal switches, as the flasher is electronic and if water gets into the switches, they can either not work at all or behave strangely because the water can cause just enough conduction between the terminals to cause them to not work properly.
I speak from experience. When I bought my BX, it had set outside for a couple of weeks, and the hazard lights and turn flashers would come on without touching the switches or not turn off. After a while inside they started working again. I got caught out in the rain when finishing up mowing one day and they started acting up again. I traced it down to the switches and replaced them after squirting some CorrosionX into them. No problem since.
A little spray lube like CorrosionX applied to the switches can help keep moisture from affecting them.