BX1500 Hydraulic Issues

Shadtree22

Equipment
BX1500
Oct 22, 2020
South Carolina
I recently picked up a 2004 BX1500 for fairly cheap. Previous owner said the hydro filter blew off at the gasket and was no longer operable. (confirmed as filter was swollen and no seal was present).

I drained all the fluid, replaced the filter, cleaned the screen, added new UDT fluid, freed the F/R pedal, and now have F/R operational. Still some issues as after driving a while, the tractor will start jumping and then completely stop. Let it sit for a while and it starts moving again.

Another issue that's strange, is the 3PH is not working, checked the float knob, turns freely, removed top case and replaced lift piston seals and main hydro line, removed and cleaned/checked the hydraulic control, no stuck valves.

The steering also feels very weak and sluggish.

I've gone through about everything (checked main pump and it seems to be fully intact and no issues), without getting into the HST I'm completely at a loss as to what's going on.

Could anyone give some advice on what I need to check next?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sounds like you have a pressure relief issue, or some other issue where fluid is not flowing freely through the system and is over pressuring and overheating.

Shadtree22

Equipment
BX1500
Oct 22, 2020
South Carolina
Sounds like you have a pressure relief issue, or some other issue where fluid is not flowing freely through the system and is over pressuring and overheating.
I've been digging into forums and could the charge relief valve cause similar issues? Just got some more info from the previous owner and he said the hydro filter expanded and blew out the seal.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I've been digging into forums and could the charge relief valve cause similar issues? Just got some more info from the previous owner and he said the hydro filter expanded and blew out the seal.
Yes, the charge relief vale sticking would damage the filter. Remove the relief valve and see if the spool slides freely in and out of the bore.
The charge pressure relief valve is in between the P1 & P2 relief valves.

Attachments

Shadtree22

Equipment
BX1500
Oct 22, 2020
South Carolina
Yes, the charge relief vale sticking would damage the filter. Remove the relief valve and see if the spool slides freely in and out of the bore.
The charge pressure relief valve is in between the P1 & P2 relief valves.
Awesome!

I will check it this weekend and update you on my findings. Thank you :)

I'd love to do it tonight but I've got a 2 year old and a 2.5 week old so my extracurriculars are limited. Lol

Reactions: 1 user